Smoked Shrimp Cocktail has WAAAAYYYYY more flavor than a recipe for traditional shrimp cocktail!
That would be thanks to the smoky, wood fired flavor and also the seasoning we are using.
Most shrimp cocktail have just boiled shrimp, maybe with some seasoning in the water.
But this version is super charged with being coated in the actual seasoning.
These make the perfect snack or appetizer.
And the are great for bringing to a party since they are served cold or at room temperature.
How to Make Smoked Shrimp Cocktail
I have two pounds of jumbo shrimp that has been peeled and deveined.
Patting them dry really well will help the seasoning stick a bit better.
Olive oil, lemon, garlic, and Old Bay is what I am using.
You kinda can’t go wrong with using Old Bay as your seafood seasoning.
Two Tablespoons each of olive oil and lemon juice, two to three Tablespoons Old Bay, and a Tablespoon of garlic paste or minced garlic.
Give this a stir until the shrimp are evenly coated.
Preheat the smoker or Traeger/ pellet grill/ smoker to 225 degrees.
My Traeger has a super smoke setting, so if yours has that feature go ahead and turn that on too.
Place the shrimp right on the grate for 35 to 40 minutes.
I flipped mine halfway through.
Since the temp isn’t really high, I just used my hands to make it pretty simple and easy.
I love that you get slight grill marks, so any one eating them automatically knows they are extra special.
Serve Smoked Shrimp Cocktail with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce for dipping.
You can let these come to room temperature before serving or chill them in the fridge.
This is just a store bought sauce, but making your own sauce would be even better.
My sister makes a darn good homemade cocktail sauce, I’ll have to join forces with her next time I make these with her sauce 🙂
If you like this dish, you might also like these smoker recipes…
Who knew you could smoke soup?!
This is super delicious and quite a treat 🙂
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Smoked Shrimp Cocktail
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2 to 3 Tbsps Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- Optional: cocktail sauce, lemon wedges
- Put the shrimp in a large bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, and garlic. Toss until evenly coated.
- Set the Traeger grill or smoker to 225 degrees and place the shrimp right on the grill/smoker grate for 35 to 40 minutes. Flip them halfway through.
- Remove the shrimp and let them cool slightly or come to room temp. Serve with cocktail sauce and extra lemon wedges if desired.