If you are wanting a sweet and salty snack mix with a slight hint of smoky flavor, then Smoked Churro Chex Mix is for you!
It’s a magical and highly addicting mix with just a few simple ingredients.
I created this one based on my son’s love of churros.
It has the cinnamon sugar flavor of a churro, but in a crunchy snack mix.
How to Make Smoked Churro Chex Mix
You’ll start with some Chex cereal, I used corn Chex, and pretzels.
And some cinnamon, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Also some light corn syrup will really help the cinnamon sugar blend stick.
Put 8 cups of the cereal and 8 cups pretzels in a large dish with deep edges.
This make A TON!
Melt a stick of butter and combine that with 1/2 cup of the corn syrup.
Drizzle that on the snack mix and then add 2 cups brown sugar.
One cup of white sugar.
And a tablespoon ground cinnamon.
Mix together with your hands.
But don’t worry that it’s not evenly coated.
It will all melt together on the smoker and get more evenly coated as it cooks.
Place the mix on a smoker set to 250 degrees for 2 hours.
Very important to use a rubber spatula to mix things up a few times.
Also use the spatula to scrape the bottom where some of the sugar will be.
This will help incorporate the sugar throughout the mix.
Sprinkle even more cinnamon and sugar on Smoked Churro Chex Mix if you like 🙂
If you sprinkle on more when it’s still warm it’s more likely to stick.
This will stay good in a sealed container for a few days…if it lasts that long 😉
If you like Smoked Churro Chex Mix, you might also like…
This mix has a little more variety and is a more savory snack mix.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Smoked Churro Chex Mix
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 8 cups Chex cereal (I used corn Chex)
- 8 cups pretzels
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: more cinnamon and sugar
- Put the Chex cereal and pretzels in a large casserole dish with deep edges (this makes a lot!).
- Mix the melted butter and the corn syrup together. Pour it over the mix and add the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon. Toss with your hands or a rubber spatula.Note: All pieces will not be evenly coated.
- Place the dish in a smoker or pellet grill set to 250 degrees for 2 hours. Use a rubber spatula to turn the mix a few times, scraping the bottom to toss any sugar that fell through.
- Sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar over top while still warm if desired. Let the snack mix cool slightly before serving.