Blackstone Chopped Italian Subs could not be an easier recipe for the griddle!
Turn a boring sandwich night into something extraordinary thanks to the Blackstone griddle 🙂
Chopped deli meat crisped and warmed on the griddle for a pretty amazing sandwich!
How to make Blackstone Chopped Italian Subs
This recipe makes 2 subs, but can easily be doubled or tripled if needed.
Cut some ham, salami, and pepperoni into bite size pieces.
And feel free to add any other favorite Italian deli meats.
Place the meat on a tray with seasonings, cheese, and sub buns.
The tray makes it SO easy to carry everything out to the griddle and back inside again.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Then add cooking oil of choice along with your meats.
Cook for a few minutes, tossing with hibachi spatulas a few times.
Next form the meat into similar size piles as the sub buns.
And top each pile with provolone cheese.
Toast the sub buns while you wait for the cheese to melt.
Serve Blackstone Chopped Italian Subs with toppings of choice 🙂
I kept it so simple with mayo and lettuce with banana peppers.
Pickles, Italian dressing, or tomatoes would also be great toppings.
If you like Blackstone Chopped Italian Subs, you might also like these griddle recipes…
This recipe is so fun to make!
A giant burger patty on the griddle served on slider buns.
This one is packed full of flavor and pretty healthy too!
All of your favorite griddle side dish recipes in one place for you!
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Blackstone Chopped Italian Subs
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 14 to 16 slices pepperoni
- 10 to 12 slices salami
- 4 to 6 slices deli ham
- cooking oil of choice
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 sub buns
- Optional: lettuce, pickle, banana pepper, mayo, Italian dressing, tomato
- Cut the pepperoni, salami, and deli ham into small, bite size pieces.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes. Add just a little cooking oil of choice and the diced pepperoni, salami, and ham. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing a few times with hibachi spatulas.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook another minute or 2. Separate into 2 equal piles (similar size/ shape to the sub buns) and top each pile with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- As the cheese melts, toast the sub buns on the griddle if desired.
- Remove the meat once the cheese is melted and place each pile on a sub bun. Add toppings of choice such as lettuce, pickle, banana pepper, mayo, Italian dressing, and/or tomato.