Grilled Thai Chicken Drumsticks is a flavorful grilling recipe that’s also budget friendly!
Drumsticks are so cheap and can really feed a crowd.
Bonus points for no utensils needed 😉
The marinade ingredients are all items I had on hand and things I use often.
How to Make Grilled Thai Chicken Drumsticks
I have lots of traditional Thai ingredients and flavors.
Start by making the marinade in a bowl.
A little coconut milk, vegetable oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, fresh minced garlic, sugar, and fresh cilantro.
You could also add some lemongrass or ginger… YUM!
Just whisk the marinade until combined.
And put 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks in a gallon size plastic bag along with the marinade.
I butterflied my drumsticks to speed up the cook time and also to allow more room for the marinade to work it’s magic.
Marinate the chicken in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
Preheat your grill to medium heat.
While the grill is warming up, season the drumsticks with kosher salt and pepper.
And grill the chicken 12 to 16 minutes total, turning a few times.
Brush any extra marinade over the chicken halfway through cooking.
I absolutely LOVE a good char on my chicken!
But you could turn down the heat and cook more low and slow if you don’t share my love of charred chicken skin 😉
Just make sure Grilled Thai Chicken Drumsticks have an internal temperature of 165 degrees before serving 🙂
Such an easy dinner recipe that really brings a punch of bold flavor!
If you like Grilled Thai Chicken Drumsticks, you might also like these recipes…
A low carb and keto friendly grilling recipe!
All your favorite grilling recipes in one place, lots of grilled dinner and side dish ideas!
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Grilled Thai Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- kosher salt, pepper
- Use sharp kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to carefully cut the chicken along the bone. Use your hands to fan out each drumstick, flattening each slightly. Then put the drumsticks in a gallon size plastic bag.
- Put the coconut milk, minced garlic, vegetable oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and fresh cilantro in a bowl. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Pour this mixture into the bag with the chicken. Massage the bag and marinate in the fridge for several hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken 12 to 16 minutes total, flipping a few times. Brush with the extra marinade halfway through cooking. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.