I have another fabulous tortellini recipe for the griddle today… Blackstone Chicken Caesar Tortellini!
It’s a mash-up between a chicken Caesar salad and a cheesy, comforting pasta dish.
AND… it’s healthy because of all that spinach…. yeah, ummmm healthy…. we’ll go with that 😉
I can at least give you a solid pinky promise that it’s delicious.
Get all your ingredients on a tray, head out to the griddle, and let’s get cooking, my friends!
How to make Blackstone Chicken Caesar Tortellini
So I have a 20 ounce bag of cheese tortellini that has been thawed, but not cooked.
Preheat the griddle to medium for several minutes and add the bag of tortellini.
Cover with either a melting dome or a foil pan, and squirt some water underneath to let it steam.
Cook the tortellini under the cover for 2 to 3 minutes, giving a stir halfway through plus a little more water.
Then (carefully) remove the cover and add some oil to the tortellini and also on an empty side of the griddle.
Over that oil add a pound of diced chicken, a diced onion, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Cook the chicken and tortellini separately on the griddle for a few minutes.
Use hibachi spatulas to flip and mix as you go.
Next add a bunch of fresh spinach and garlic.
Then combine everything together with the hibachi spatulas and cook a few more minutes.
Quite possibly the easiest part of this recipe is using the store bought Caesar dressing.
Just pour a whole 16 ounce bottle over top.
Add some parmesan cheese as well and combine together on the griddle.
Blackstone Chicken Caesar Tortellini is a complete meal all made on the griddle 🙂
I transferred the dish to the foil pan that I used as the melting dome earlier.
Let it sit for a few minutes for the dressing to thicken back up.
Stirring also will help it thicken.
A little sprinkle of mozzarella cheese melted over top because… well, it’s cheese 😉
If you like Blackstone Chicken Caesar Tortellini, you might also like these griddle recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Chicken Caesar Tortellini
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 20 ounce bag frozen cheese tortellini thawed but not cooked
- cooking oil of choice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut in bite size pieces
- 1 onion diced
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh, chopped spinach
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional: mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat. Add the thawed tortellini first, cover with a 9×13 foil pan or melting dome and squirt a little water on the griddle under the dome.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes total, flip them around halfway through, add more water, and cover again (if using the foil pan use caution as it will be hot). Set the pan or melting dome aside.
- Add some cooking oil to the tortellini and to an empty space on the griddle. Put the chicken and onion over the oil and season with kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, flipping both the tortellini and chicken/ onions a few times with hibachi spatulas.
- Add the spinach and garlic, combine and cook everything together on the griddle for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese, and combine with hibachi spatulas. Taste for seasoning and add more kosher salt, pepper, and/or crushed red pepper flakes. Serve with mozzarella cheese sprinkled over top if desired.Note: I scooped the dish into the foil pan that I used for the tortellini. Let cool for a few minutes so the Caesar dressing thickens up.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!