Whether you make this recipe on your smoker or Traeger pellet grill, Smoked Taco Chicken Wings are sure to be a delicious hit!
Game day snack, appetizer, or dinner… however you serve them they are full of flavor and smoky goodness.
Especially with the cilantro ranch dipping sauce!
How to make Smoked Taco Chicken Wings
First mix the marinade/ sauce together in a bowl.
It’s just 1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning, some olive oil, honey, garlic, hot sauce, lime juice, kosher salt, and pepper.
Put 4 pounds of jumbo split chicken wings in a gallon size plastic bag along with this mixture.
Marinate in the fridge for an hour or even overnight.
For the cilantro ranch dipping sauce start with a 16 ounce container of sour cream in a blender or food processor.
Then add a packet of dry ranch seasoning and a cup of fresh chopped cilantro.
Blend this up and store in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Set your smoker or Traeger pellet grill to 250 degrees.
Then place the wings on the grill grate and season them with the remaining 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
The wings will smoke for 2 1/2 hours total.
Just flip them halfway through.
And make sure they are above 165 degree before serving, I took mine off when they were at 170 degrees.
Serve Smoked Taco Chicken Wings with the cilantro ranch on the side for dipping 🙂
The perfect mix of our two faves… tacos and wings!
If you like Smoked Taco Chicken Wings, you might also like these recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Smoked Taco Chicken Wings
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 4 pounds jumbo split chicken wings
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce of choice (I used Cholula)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and put them into a gallon size plastic bag.
- Put 1 1/2 taco seasoning packets, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, hot sauce, honey, lime juice, and garlic in a small bowl and whisk until evenly combined. Pour into the bag over the chicken wings and massage the bag until the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate in the fridge at least one hour or overnight.
- Put the sour cream, dry ranch seasoning, and cilantro in a food processor or blender. Blend for at least 30 seconds. Put the sauce into a container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Set your smoker or pellet grill to 250 degrees and place the chicken wings on the smoker, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 packet taco seasoning. Cook for two and a half hours, flip them halfway through. Check the internal temp to make sure they are at 170 degrees before serving.
- Serve with cilantro sour cream sauce.Note: Any leftover sauce is a great dip for chips, pretzels, and veggies.