It’s a breakfast-for-dinner kinda night, kids! And the star is Blackstone Frosted Flake French Toast!
As you can imagine, I got ZERO complaints about this dinner 😉
French Toast coated in Frosted Flake crumbs AND I even managed to pull off making sausage links and fried eggs at the same time on the griddle.
So, if you’re keeping track, that’s a dinner where everyone was happy and NO dirty pots and pans to wash.
If that’s not a total mom win, I don’t know what is.
How to Make Blackstone Frosted Flake French Toast
To start, get yourself a good quality loaf of bread and some Frosted Flake cereal.
Measure out 4 cups of the cereal and put it in a gallon size plastic bag.
Use a rolling pin or cup to crush the cereal.
I aimed to get at least a few larger pieces of cereal for some amazing texture.
Put the Frosted Flakes in a bowl.
Then crack 4 eggs in a separate bowl.
And add 1/2 cup milk and a teaspoon each vanilla extract and sugar.
Beat this mixture with a fork.
I like to put everything on a tray to carry it outside to my patio all at once.
I added the sausage links and the eggs for the fried eggs as well.
Preheat the griddle to medium low for several minutes.
I added the sausage links first since they will take longer than the French toast.
Add some butter to the griddle and spread it evenly.
Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture first and then into the Frosted Flake crumbs, coating both sides.
Then place each slice on the griddle over the melted butter.
These will take only about 2 minutes per side.
Just watch them carefully and remove them when cooked how you like.
Keep in mind the toast toward the center of the griddle will cook a little faster.
I mean… hello, gorgeous!
Just look at that pretty golden brown, crunchy coated sweet treat!
A complete breakfast (or breakfast for dinner) of Blackstone Frosted Flake French Toast and sausage!
I also made fried eggs (not pictured) and it was all ready in a matter of minutes.
Serve with maple syrup if desired and enjoy 🙂
If you like Blackstone Frosted Flake French Toast, you might also like…
And Blackstone Frosted Flake Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Frosted Flake French Toast
- Blackstone Griddle
- 4 cups Frosted Flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 8 slices bread
- Optional: maple syrup
- Put the Frosted Flake cereal in a gallon size plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or cup to crush them. Put the crushed cereal in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and add the milk, vanilla, and sugar. Beat with a fork.
- Preheat the griddle to medium low. Once hot add the butter and spread evenly.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg and then into the Frosted Flakes. Place on the griddle.
- Cook the French toast about 2 minutes per side. Watch them carefully and remove when cooked to your liking.Note: French toast toward the center of the griddle will cook faster.
- Serve with syrup if desired.Note: I made sausage links and fried eggs on the griddle at the same time for a complete griddle breakfast!