Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers are my latest grilling recipe creation 🙂
This easy and healthy recipe is perfect for a light summery meal.
You could add them to a salad or as shrimp tacos.
We just ate them as is with the cilantro lime dipping sauce.
How to Make Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers
We will make a gorgeous, bright cilantro lime sauce that will be used in two ways.
Some for the shrimp marinade and some for the dipping sauce.
If using the shrimp in a salad it could be a perfect dressing.
And if enjoying these as taco, drizzle right over top.
Put a half cup olive oil, a quarter cup lime juice, and a tablespoon each dijon mustard and honey in a food processor or blender.
Then add chopped, fresh cilantro, kosher salt, and pepper.
And just blend until smooth and set aside.
Peel and devein a pound of jumbo shrimp and put them in a bowl.
Add a few spoonfuls of the cilantro lime sauce and a tablespoon Old Bay seasoning.
Stir until the shrimp are coated and put them on four kabob skewers.
If you have any extra marinade in the bowl, brush it over the shrimp.
Then preheat the grill to medium high for a few minutes.
And add the skewers to the grill.
Shrimp cook pretty fast so keep an eye on them.
Mine cooked about 5 minutes total and I flipped them halfway through.
Gotta love those char marks!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kabobs were such a light and healthy meal that we all loved!
If you like Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers, you might also like these recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- kosher salt, pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Put the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, dijon mustard, kosher salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times and set aside.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl, add a few spoonfuls of the cilantro lime dressing and the Old Bay seasoning. Toss until mixed.
- Put the shrimp on 4 kabob skewers and brush with any leftover marinade in the bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the shrimp 5 minutes total flipping halfway through.
- Serve with the remaining cilantro lime sauce for dipping.