These Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos are quite an amazing treat!
The cheesy filling is rather simple and they are not difficult to make.
But if you are having friends over and you serve them THESE… you are a rock star!
You only need four ingredients to get started 🙂
Cheese, BBQ seasoning, cream cheese, and jalapenos.
How to Make Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
I think the most work for these is cutting the jalapenos in half and scraping out the seeds and white ribs.
My skin is super sensitive to jalapenos, so I do wear plastic gloves for this part.
Slice them in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape away the seeds.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to make mixing the filling easier.
Add 8 ounces cream cheese, a cup of shredded cheese, and some BBQ seasoning to a bowl.
Stir until mixed and evenly combined.
Then fill each jalapeno half with the cheesy, creamy filling.
This should be the perfect amount to fill 16 large jalapeno halves.
Next comes the bacon wrapped part of this incredible appetizer!
Each jalapeno gets wrapped with a slice of bacon.
Overlap the bacon slightly.
I used this whole pound of bacon plus three more slices from another package.
Sprinkle more BBQ seasoning over top and head to the smoker.
I have a Traeger grill/ smoker so it’s super simple to set the temperature to 250 degrees.
Place them right on the grill grate for about 2 hours.
Keep an eye on them and remove when the bacon is cooked how you like.
If you have a Traeger as your smoker, you could crank the heat to 325 degrees for the last 10 minutes if you prefer a crispier bacon.
Let Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos cool slightly before serving 🙂
If you like Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos, you might also like these smoker recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
And join my Outdoor Cooking Facebook Group!
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 8 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used Mexican blend)
- your favorite BBQ seasoning (I used Meat Church Honey Hog)
- 16 slices bacon (regular cut, not thick cut)
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds and white ribs out with a spoon.Note: If you have sensitive skin gloves are recommended.
- Put the cream cheese, shredded cheese and some BBQ seasoning in a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves. Wrap a slice of bacon around each one, overlapping slightly and sprinkle more BBQ seasoning over top.
- Put the jalapenos in a smoker set to 250 degrees for 2 hours.Note: For crispier bacon turn the smoker up to 325 degrees for the last 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.