I gotta give my husband credit for coming up with the idea for Blackstone Cheeseburger Sliders.
I made similar sliders on a sheet pan in the oven not too long ago, and he was like….ummmm, babe, you could make a giant patty on the Blackstone.
Shoot, why didn’t I think of this genius idea?!
Oh well, glad he did because they were a fabulous dinner and fun to make 🙂
How to Make Blackstone Cheeseburger Sliders
Start with a pound and a half of ground beef and some seasoning.
I put the beef in a bowl along with 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, pepper, and some steak seasoning.
Just mix it all together with your hands and form a large patty on a tray.
And cut some slider buns in half to separate the bottom and top halves.
You’ll need a serrated bread knife for this.
I used a 12 pack of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.
Next step of prep work before making the burger is to set out your toppings of choice.
I have cheese, lettuce, and this amazing burger sauce.
It tastes similar to the sauce on a Big Mac!
So, when forming the burger patty on the tray, try to aim for a similar size to the slider buns.
But make it a little bigger because the burger will shrink as it cooks.
Preheat the griddle to medium and once hot add a little oil and the giant burger patty.
I flipped the tray upside down and after a few seconds the burger fell onto the griddle.
Cook the burger about 4 minutes per side.
I flipped mine with no problem with a large hibachi spatula.
Might I suggest toasting the buns with the cut side down for a minute to warm them up?
Put the cheese slices down during the last two minutes of cooking to get them nice and melty.
And if you have a melting dome for the griddle, use that if it’s big enough.
Mine was a perfect fit.
To serve, simply put the burger on the bottom on your slider buns.
Add the burger sauce over top.
Then top Blackstone Cheeseburger Sliders with lettuce, pickle, really any topping you like 🙂
Slice them into individual sliders and dinner is served!
If you like Blackstone Cheeseburger Sliders, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Blackstone Cheeseburger Sliders
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt, pepper, all purpose seasoning blend of choice
- vegetable oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 6 slices cheese of choice (I used American cheese)
- 1 12 pack slider buns or rolls (I used King's Hawaiian rolls)
- Toppings of choice such as lettuce, pickles, burger sauce, ketchup
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, pepper, and seasoning blend of choice. Mix together with your hands until combined.
- Form the beef into one large square/ rectangle shaped patty on a tray, aim for the same shape, but slightly bigger than the slider buns because the burger will get smaller as it cooks.
- Preheat the griddle to medium. Once hot add some cooking oil and the beef patty. Cook about 4 minutes per side. Place the cheese on the burger during the last 2 minutes of cooking.Note: I had the best luck with a large hibachi spatula when flipping.
- Cut the slider buns or rolls in half, separating the top and bottom layers. Place them cut side down on the griddle for a minute to toast them slightly.
- Put the bottom side of the buns on a tray and put the burger over top. Add toppings of choice and place the top buns to serve.