Blackstone Garlic Herb Salmon with asparagus is a complete, healthy meal all made on the griddle in just a few minutes.
I mean, maybe “healthy-ish” would be a better word because there is butter involved.
But in my world the salmon and asparagus cancel out the butter 😉
How to Make Blackstone Garlic Herb Salmon
To start you’ll need four salmon fillets and a pound of asparagus.
Trim the bottom inch or two from the asparagus bundle because that part can be a little tough.
For the seasoning we’ll need some butter, olive oil, fresh herbs of choice, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
In my garden I have thyme, rosemary, basil, and chives.
Any herbs will be amazing so use what you have or whatever favorites you prefer.
Chop about 2 tablespoons of the herbs, or more if you like.
Then melt three tablespoons of butter and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, finely minced garlic, kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and the freshly chopped herbs.
Next preheat the Blackstone to medium low.
I have recipe tested salmon at multiple temperatures and I find medium low works best.
Spread a small amount of the garlic herb butter on the Blackstone and place the salmon, skin side down, and the asparagus on the griddle.
Then brush some of the garlic herb butter on both the salmon and the asparagus.
Flip the salmon after 4 minutes and turn the asparagus a few times as well.
I brushed the salmon and asparagus until the garlic herb butter was gone and cooked about 4 to 5 more minutes.
The asparagus may be done before the salmon, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
If so simply remove the asparagus when it’s cooked how you like and keep the salmon on the griddle until it’s done 🙂
Blackstone Garlic Herb Salmon was one of our favorite griddle meals we’ve tried so far!
We had ours with a lemon wedge squeezed over top for a little bright taste of freshness.
If you like Blackstone Garlic Herb Salmon, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Garlic Herb Salmon
- Blackstone Griddle
- 3 Tbsps melted butter
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps garlic paste or minced garlic
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh herbs of choice (I had a mix of thyme, rosemary, basil, and chives)
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus (cut the bottom two inches off)
- Optional: lemon wedges
- Put the melted butter, olive oil, garlic, herbs, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Preheat the griddle to medium low. Add a small amount of the garlic herb butter on the griddle, spread evenly and put the salmon (skin side down) and asparagus on the griddle.
- The salmon and asparagus will cook about 8 to 9 minutes total depending on the thickness of the salmon. Flip the salmon halfway through and turn the asparagus a few times. Brush the garlic herb butter on the salmon and asparagus a few more times throughout cooking.Note: The asparagus may be done before the salmon, if so just remove the asparagus while the salmon continues to cook. If your salmon is thick, a melting dome may speed up the cook time.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon over top if desired.