These Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls were so unique and for sure out of my regular wheelhouse.
It’s a very popular spice blend used often in Indian dishes.
I love new challenges and working with different flavor profiles and this one really paid off.
My family gave me enough compliments at dinner to really make my head swell 🙂
The other new-to-me ingredient was this mango chutney, which is also often used in Indian cooking.
I had both some Garam Masala and chutney left so I can’t wait to come up with even more recipes using both!
How to Make Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls
I used ground chicken, but ground lamb would be great to use too.
In addition to the spice blend and chutney I have carrots, an onion, cilantro, soy sauce, garlic paste, and ginger paste.
I love to put everything I need on a tray when cooking outdoors.
One trip out to the griddle is all it takes 🙂
Preheat the Blackstone to medium for several minutes.
Add some vegetable oil or coconut oil and the ground meat, diced onion, and shredded carrots.
This will cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping it and breaking apart with meat with hibachi spatulas.
Next up add the garlic, ginger, cilantro, soy sauce, garam masala, and mango chutney.
Cook this for 4 to 5 more minutes and it will develop this rich, dark color that is absolutely gorgeous.
Use the hibachi spatulas to transfer this deliciousness to the same tray used to carry everything out.
This was a microwave pouch rice kinda night.
But hey, make your own rice if you’d like.
I went with basmati rice and put a cup of rice in each of my four bowls.
Then topped with the meat and veggies.
Earlier I made a sauce to top these bowls.
Mayo, garam masala, and sriracha (or your hot sauce of choice) all in a bowl.
Mix it up and set aside to top the bowls.
Drizzle the sauce and some cilantro over the Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls to serve 🙂
We mixed them all together and some of us added even more hot sauce because we are spice freaks around here.
So flavorful and a unique dinner that was fun to make on the Blackstone!
If you like Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls
- Blackstone Griddle
- 2 to 3 Tbsps vegetable oil (or coconut oil for more traditional Indian cooking)
- 1 pound ground lamb or chicken
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsps garam masala (link to buy in post above or spice section of grocery store)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- favorite hot sauce
- 4 cups cooked basmati or Jasmine rice
- Put all ingredients on a tray (except 1/2 tablespoon garam masala, mayo, hot sauce, and rice) and head out to your griddle . Preheat the griddle to medium for several minutes.
- Add the oil and the ground lamb or chicken, diced onions, and carrots. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes breaking apart and stirring with hibachi spatulas.
- Add the cilantro, mango chutney, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of the garam masala. Cook 4 to 5 more minutes, stirring a few times. Use the hibachi spatulas to transfer everything to the same tray used to carry it out.
- While everything cools slightly, put the mayo, a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of the garam masala in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Serve with the rice in bowls and the lamb or chicken mixture over top with the sauce drizzled over top.