This fabulous recipe for Grilled Steak with Jalapeno Popper Cream Sauce is for sure a comfort food splurge, and NOT diet food.
Well, unless you are doing the low carb Keto thing, then I suppose it could be diet food 😉
An easy to make homemade spicy cream sauce over grilled steaks and a loaded baked potato (with the same sauce) was our perfect date night dinner!
How to make Grilled Steak with Jalapeno Popper Cream Sauce
First we will make the cream sauce.
Set a saucepan over medium high heat and add two tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth, and a pint of heavy cream.
Then add 3 to 4 sliced jalapenos with just some of the seeds removed.
We want some heat, but not an overwhelming amount.
Then add some cream cheese, kosher salt, and pepper and bring the sauce to a boil, watching carefully so it doesn’t bubble over.
Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer the sauce for 14 to 16 minutes, stirring a few times.
While the sauce is simmering away, season 4 steaks of choice with kosher salt and pepper.
I went with these gorgeous ribeye steaks, but New York strips would also be an excellent choice.
Preheat your grill to medium high.
And grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare-medium.
We prefer medium rare so I went with exactly 3 minutes per side.
We served our Grilled Steak with Jalapeno Popper Cream Sauce with baked potatoes for a complete meal 🙂
I added a little butter, lots of cream sauce, and some cheese to the potatoes.
I mean, that cream sauce would be amazing on just about anything!
A good jalapeno flavor, but not too spicy.
If you like Grilled Steak with Jalapeno Popper Cream Sauce, you might also like these recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Steak with Jalapeno Popper Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 to 4 jalapeno peppers sliced (some seeds removed)
- kosher salt, pepper
- 4 New York strips or Ribeye steaks (or steak of choice)
- Set a saucepan over medium high heat and add the butter, broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, jalapenos, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 14 to 16 minutes, stirring a few times.Note: Watch carefully as it comes to a boil if it bubbles up just remove from the heat for a moment.
- Season the steaks well with kosher salt and pepper. Preheat the grill to medium high heat for a few minutes. Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare-medium.
- Serve the steaks with the jalapeno popper cream sauce over top. I also served mine with baked potatoes topped with the cream sauce.