Smoked Ranch Chex Mix
I recently made a bunch of snacks for my dad’s birthday, including this Smoked Ranch Chex Mix.
This seemed like the most simple, but oddly was a favorite with everyone!
The hint of smoke flavor combined with the buttery ranch seasoning took regular snack mix to a whole new level.
It also was one of the easiest to make, so bonus points for that 😉
How to Make Smoked Ranch Chex Mix
I started with a bag of Traditional Chex Mix and just added some of my other favorite snacky foods.
So I did add more pretzels along with Cheez-Its and Fritos Honey BBQ Twists.
Make it your own and add your favorites if you prefer.
You’ll need a 9×13 foil pan or casserole dish with deep edges, because this make A TON!
Add the whole bag of Chex Mix and 2 to 3 cups each of the pretzels, Cheez-Its, and Frito Twists.
Then drizzle five tablespoons melted butter over top and mix with your hands or a rubber spatula.
And add two packets of dry ranch seasoning.
This next step is optional.
I added some of my favorite all purpose seasoning blend.
It gave some extra garlic and pepper flavor.
Be careful if your seasoning has salt, this one does not.
Toss the snack mix together with the ranch seasoning until evenly coated.
Place the pan right on the grill grate of your smoker or pellet grill set to 225 degrees.
My Traeger has a super smoke setting, so I turned that on too.
Let this smoke and do it’s thing for about two hours.
Mix and turn it a few times throughout.
I had the best luck holding the pan with an oven mitt and using a rubber spatula to gently fold and mix.
Smoked Ranch Chex Mix will stay good for several days if stored in a container with a lid.
You can let it cool slightly before serving.
But I absolutely LOVED it when it was just a bit warm still.
If you like Smoked Ranch Chex Mix, you might also like these recipes…
Smoked Shrimp Cocktail
Cheesy Caramelized Onion Pig Shots
Chuck Roast Burnt Ends
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Smoked Ranch Chex Mix
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 15 oz bag Chex Mix (I used Traditional)
- 2 to 3 cups Cheez-Its
- 2 to 3 cups pretzels
- 2 to 3 cups Fritos Honey BBQ Twists
- 5 Tbsps melted butter
- 2 packets dry ranch seasoning
- Optional: all purpose seasoning blend of choice
- Put the Chex Mix, Cheez-Its, pretzels, and Frito Twists in a large 9×13 foil pan or casserole dish (it helps if it's a deeper pan because this makes a lot).
- Pour the melted butter over the snack mix and toss with your hands or a rubber spatula.
- Add the ranch seasoning and all purpose seasoning blend if using. Toss until evenly combined.
- Place the dish on a smoker or Traeger/ Pellet Grill set to 225 degrees for 2 hours, tossing a few more times throughout.Note: If your smoker has a Super Smoke setting, turn that on.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Will stay fresh in a covered container for several days.