Blackstone Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas
Blackstone Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas were a pretty quick and easy dinner for us last night.
I love using my Blackstone Griddle for making just about anything, but quesadillas are up there with my favorites.
The process goes so quick thanks to the large cooking space.
Therefore I can cook whatever the filling is, in this case steak and mushrooms, all at once.
AND make all four quesadillas in just minutes.
Plus they get a nice, crisp outside and that ooey gooey cheesy filling inside 🙂
How to Make Blackstone Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas
I have about one and a half pounds of steak here.
Any steak will work, these are gorgeous New York strips.
Cut them into bite size pieces.
Keep in mind to go fairly small since they will be going into the quesadillas.
Place them in a gallon size plastic bag along with 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, garlic paste or minced garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
Massage the bag until combined and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
Slice some mushrooms and put everything on a tray or baking sheet.
This makes carrying everything to your outdoor cooking area a bit easier.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for several minutes.
Then a little cooking oil and the sliced mushrooms.
Cook the mushroom for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping them a few times with hibachi spatulas.
Add the steak right on top of the mushrooms.
And cook them together for 3 to 5 more minutes.
Once they are done to your liking, scoot them over to one side of the griddle to make room for the quesadillas.
I mean, this could be a meal just like this!
More cooking oil will go on the empty side of the griddle, and then four large burrito size tortillas.
If it’s your first time, you may want to start with two at a time, but it’s up to you.
Two slices of provolone cheese will go down first.
Then some of the steak and mushrooms.
Two more slices of cheese and then use the hibachi spatulas to fold the empty side over the filled side.
Flip them over and remove them once they are cooked how you like them and the cheese is melted.
Serve Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas with toppings of choice 🙂
Remember the tray used to carry the ingredients out with?!
Use that same tray to transport these quesadillas to the dinner table!
We topped ours with sour cream, hot sauce, and banana peppers.
Salsa would be good too!
If you like Blackstone Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas, you might also like…
Whole Smoked BBQ Chicken
Blackstone Chorizo Chicken Burritos
Best Blackstone Griddle Recipes
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Blackstone Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 1 1/2 pounds steak of choice cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- kosher salt, pepper, steak seasoning (optional)
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- vegetable oil (or oil of choice with a high smoke point)
- 4 large burrito size tortillas
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- Toppings of choice: sour cream, salsa, lettuce, hot sauce, banana peppers
- Put the pieces of steak in a gallon size plastic bag. Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and steak seasoning (if using). Massage the bag until combined and marinate in the fridge several hours.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes. Add some oil and put the mushrooms on the griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, add a little more oil and the steak.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes more minutes, turning and flipping a few times with hibachi spatulas. Move the steak and mushrooms to one side of the griddle.
- Add more oil to the empty side of the griddle and lay the tortillas flat. Place two slices of the cheese on one side of each tortilla, then use the spatulas to put some steak and mushrooms over the cheese, add two more slices of cheese over the steak. Use the spatulas to fold the empty side of the tortillas over the filling.
- Flip the quesadillas and remove from the griddle once the cheese is melted and tortillas are cooked to your liking. Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream, salsa, lettuce, hot sauce, banana peppers.