Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken is a gorgeous, bright, and delicious recipe.
Fresh citrus flavors really make this grilled chicken dinner extra special.
Just a few simple ingredients, a few hours in the fridge to marinate, and this chicken is ready to be grilled for dinner.
How to Make Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken
The marinade is three tablespoons each orange and lemon juice, two tablespoons olive oil, and a tablespoon dijon mustard.
First put it all in a mason jar or container with a lid along with some kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Then give it a shake and half of this will marinate the chicken.
And the other half will be the perfect dipping sauce.
I am using boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
About 4 to 6 thighs will serve four people.
Into a gallon size plastic bag they go with half of the citrus marinade.
Add more kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes as well.
I love using the bag for marinating for easy clean up 🙂
Next massage the bag until the chicken is coated and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium high.
Then grill the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
I always check with an instant read thermometer to make sure they are above 165 degrees.
Those charred grill marks are not only pretty, they are my favorite part about grilling!
Serve Citrus Marinated Chicken with the other half of the sauce for dipping.
I am typically a sauce fanatic, but honestly these had so much flavor that you may not even need to dip them.
If you like Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken, you might also like…
A similar citrus marinade for these grilled shrimp kabobs.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken
- 3 Tbsps orange juice
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Put the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a mason jar or container with a lid. Shake until combined.
- Trim the chicken thighs if needed and place them in a gallon size plastic bag. Add half of the citrus marinade and more kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Massage the bag until the chicken is coated and marinate in the fridge several hours or overnight.
- Preheat thr grill to medium high. Once hot, grill the chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with the other half of the citrus marinade for dipping.Note: The citrus marinade is thin, if you want a creamier or thicker dipping sauce mix it with a little mayo.