Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp Skewers are a light and healthy recipe, but they really bring on big flavor.
The combo of the ginger and lime is like a match made in heaven.
These are great to enjoy with the extra dipping sauce, which is also the shrimp marinade.
Or you could top a salad with the shrimp.
How to Make Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp Skewers
For the sauce and marinade you’ll need olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, and of course…ginger and lime.
Put 1/4 cup each olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice in a jar along with a tablespoon each of the honey and mustard.
Season with kosher salt and pepper as well.
I grated a tablespoon of fresh ginger with my microplane grater.
Or you can get ginger paste in the produce section of most grocery store right by the fresh herbs.
Put the lid on the jar and shake, shake, shake until it’s evenly combined.
And now to season the shrimp, start with two pounds of jumbo shrimp that has been peeled and deveined.
Pat the shrimp dry to help the marinade and seasoning stick.
Add a few spoonfuls of the ginger lime sauce and some Old Bay seasoning.
And toss until the shrimp are coated.
Put the shrimp onto kabob skewers and on a tray.
You should get 6 to 8 skewers total.
In the bowl that the shrimp were in, there should be some extra marinade.
Use a brush to get all that yumminess on the shrimp.
Preheat the grill to medium high.
And once hot, grill the shrimp about 5 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
If you have any marinade still left in the bowl, brush the rest on the shrimp at the halfway point.
Serve Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp Skewers with the ginger lime sauce for dipping 🙂
Warning…these are slightly addicting, especially with that refreshing and bright ginger lime sauce.
I just may have to try out grilled chicken with this same sauce it’s so good!
If you like Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp Skewers, you might also like…
Traditional shrimp cocktail with maximum flavor with the smoke and an easy to make seasoning.
Another healthy grilling recipe to try!
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- kosher salt, pepper
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsps Old Bay seasoning
- Put the olive oil, lime juice, ginger, honey, dijon mustard, kosher salt, and pepper in a mason jar or container with lid. Shake until combined.
- Pat the shrimp dry and put them in a bowl, add a few spoonfuls of the ginger lime sauce (save the rest of the ginger lime sauce for dipping) and the Old Bay seasoning.
- Put the shrimp on 6 to 8 kabob skewers and brush with any leftover marinade in the bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the shrimp 5 minutes total flipping halfway through and brushing with any leftover marinade.
- Serve the shrimp with the leftover ginger lime sauce for dipping.