Whether you need a recipe to use all that garden fresh zucchini, or just looking for a yummy side dish… I highly recommend trying these Blackstone Zucchini Feta Fritters!
The griddle makes it super easy to make them all at once, instead of in small batches on the stove.
They are slightly crisp on the outside, but soft and flavorful on the inside.
How to make Blackstone Zucchini Feta Fritters
You’ll need about 2 cups of shredded zucchini.
I used an old fashioned box grater that my Mimi passed down to me 🙂
These were 3 pretty small zucchini, the total number will depend on the size zucchini you have.
A very important step is placing the shredded zucchini on paper towels for several minutes.
Then place them on even more paper towels, wring very tight, and squeeze out the extra liquid.
Place the zucchini in a bowl and add about 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese.
Then add onion, garlic, 1/3 cup each breadcrumbs and flour, an egg, a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning, and finely chopped green onions.
And some hot sauce if you like things a little spicy like us 😉
Mix this together with your hands and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then roll into 8 balls and place on a tray.
Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium heat for several minutes.
Then add cooking oil of choice and the fritters.
Flatten them a bit with your hibachi spatulas when they hit the hot griddle.
Blackstone Zucchini Feta Fritters only take 2 to 3 minutes per side on the griddle!
Let them cool slightly before serving.
I made a dipping sauce with plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream), Old Bay, and hot sauce to taste.
No measurements were taken in the making of the sauce, just eyeball the amounts and taste as ya go.
Enjoy, friends… these truly are fabulous!
If you like Blackstone Zucchini Feta Fritters, you might also like these recipes…
And lots of recipes for Blackstone Griddle Side Dishes
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Blackstone Zucchini Feta Fritters
- Blackstone Griddle
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (I used a box grater to grate 3 smaller zucchini)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Optional: hot sauce
- cooking oil of choice
- Optional sauce: sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, Old Bay, hot sauce
- Place the shredded zucchini on paper towels in a single layer for several minutes. Put the zucchini on more paper towels, wrap the towels around the zucchini, and squeeze to remove the water.
- Put the zucchini in a large bowl and add the feta cheese, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, flour, green onion, Old Bay seasoning, and hot sauce sauce if using. Mix together with your hands or a spoon until evenly combined. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Roll this mixture into 8 balls and place on a tray.
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium heat. Add some cooking oil and put the fritters on the griddle and press them flat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with optional dipping sauce, combine sour cream or plain Greek yogurt with Old Bay seasoning and hot sauce according to your taste.