Buffalo Chicken Pig Shots are super fun to make and even MORE fun to eat!
So if you did a double take when you read “pig shots”… let me explain.
A slice of smoked sausage with a thick half slice of bacon around and secured with a toothpick in what resembles a shot glass.
Then you fill the pig shot with whatever goodness you can think of.
This time it’s buffalo chicken dip and cheese 🙂
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pig Shots
All you need are four simple ingredients, even though I wouldn’t necessarily consider this a simple dish.
Smoked sausage, already prepared buffalo chicken dip, thick cut bacon (and the thick cut is a must), and some cheese.
For the dip it can be store bought or leftover homemade buffalo dip.
I am using a store bought dip and it was pretty good!
Or you could make Traeger Buffalo Chicken Dip and use the leftovers.
Slice the sausage into about half inch thick rounds.
And cut the thick cut bacon in half.
You should get around 20 pig shots, I had a little sausage left over but we just snacked on it.
Now to turn pork into a “shot glass”… bet ya never thought you’d hear those words, right?!
Wrap each half slice of bacon around the sausage, over lap slightly and use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place.
Imagine the sausage as the bottom of the “glass” and the bacon as the sides.
No they do not have to be perfect, there’s no fun in perfection 😉
Fill each with the buffalo chicken dip almost to the top.
And top them off with some shredded cheese.
Now to the Traeger grill/ smoker!
Set it to 350 degrees and place these on the grill grate.
They will take 45 minutes to an hour.
Just check them during the last 15 minutes of cooking and remove them once the bacon is cooked how you like.
Buffalo Chicken Pig Shots are a great appetizer or game day snack!
Just the right amount of smoky flavor, two kinds of pork is always a good thing, and buffalo cheesy goodness makes these absolutely incredible 🙂
If you like Buffalo Chicken Pig Shots, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Buffalo Chicken Pig Shots
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- 20 toothpicks
- 1 1/2 cups buffalo chicken dip (leftover homemade dip or store bought)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- Slice the smoked sausage (about half inch thick and you should get around 20 slices total) and cut the bacon in half.
- Wrap each piece of bacon around each sausage slice, attempting to make each look like a shot glass with the sausage as the bottom. Put a toothpick through where the bacon overlaps, through the bacon and into the sausage.
- Fill each with the buffalo chicken dip almost to the top.Note: This works best if it is cold or at room temperature.
- Add some shredded cheese to top off each pig shot
- Set your pellet grill/ smoker to 350 degrees and place the pig shots on the grate for 45 minutes to 1 hour (keep an eye on them and remove when the bacon is done to your liking).