If you are wanting to try a fun twist on smashed burgers, these Blackstone Pizza Burger Sliders may be perfect for you!
Mini burgers with pizza-ish toppings like pepperoni, cheese, and pizza sauce served on adorable sliders buns.
Easy to make on the griddle and I smashed them with a burger press for that flavorful crisp, thin burger.
How to Make Blackstone Pizza Burger Sliders
For smashed burgers you want to start with ground beef rolled into a ball.
I took a pound of ground beef, cut it into 12 pieces, and then rolled them.
Preheat the griddle to medium high for several minutes.
Then add some vegetable oil and put the ground beef onto the hot griddle.
Use a burger press or hibachi spatulas to flatten and smash them a few times.
Then season with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Flip them after 2 to 3 minutes.
The gorgeous dark color and crust is what you get from smashing them…extra flavor and texture, my friends 🙂
Add a spoonful of pizza sauce and three slices of pepperoni over each burger.
And some shredded mozzarella and parsley.
Crushed red pepper flakes would be a great addition too for a little spicy kick.
While I waited for the cheese to melt, I toasted the slider buns on the griddle cut side down.
When the cheese is nice and melty, assemble the sliders on the buns.
I turned my griddle off and made them right on the Blackstone.
Blackstone Pizza Burger Sliders for the mom win at dinner!
My family raved about these and asked for them again very soon.
If you like Blackstone Pizza Burger Sliders, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Pizza Burger Sliders
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 pound ground beef
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 36 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: parsley, crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slider buns
- Cut a pound of ground beef into 12 pieces and roll each in a ball.
- Preheat the griddle to medium high heat for several minutes. Once hot spread some vegetable oil and place the burgers on the griddle. Press very flat a few times with a burger press or hibachi spatula.
- Season the burgers with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Flip them after 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon some pizza sauce over each burger, add three slices of pepperoni to each, and sprinkle the cheese over top (add parsley and crushed red pepper flakes if using).Note: I put the slider buns on the griddle cut side down for a minute to warm and toast them slightly.
- Use a melting dome if you have over and remove the burgers once the cheese is melted and serve on the slider buns.