Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs have a flavorful marinade and come out perfect every time on the smoker!
Chicken thighs are one of my favorite things to smoke.
Juicy chicken with a great skin, and SOOOO many variations on how to season or marinate them.
When I think springtime… I think lemon.
So that’s what I went with this time since spring is just arriving 🙂
How to Make Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
Start with 8 chicken thighs and place them in a gallon size plastic bag.
For the marinade you’ll need 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.
And a tablespoon each Worcestershire sauce, garlic paste (or minced garlic), and Italian seasoning.
Plus a few dashes of hot sauce, kosher salt, and pepper.
Just add everything right in the bag with the chicken thighs.
Massage the bag until the chicken is coated.
And marinate in the fridge overnight.
Set the smoker to 250 degrees and place the chicken right on the grate.
Sprinkle a little extra lemon pepper seasoning over top too!
The chicken will smoke for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours total.
Flip them after an hour and a half.
And check the temp after about another hour.
Once they are above 165 degrees they are good to go.
You can leave them on the smoker to get that gorgeous char to the skin if you’d like.
I left mine on the smoker a little longer even after they reached 165 degrees for that reason.
The nice thing about chicken thighs is that it’s almost impossible to dry them out.
Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs have a bright, fresh flavor with a kiss of smokiness 🙂
These are so flavorful that no sauce or anything else is needed.
They are a little messy to eat, but that’s to be expected with chicken thighs, right?!
If you like Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs, you might also like these smoker recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Join my Facebook GROUP to share pictures of your own recipe creations, ask grilling and smoking questions, share your outdoor cooking tips and tricks, learn new recipes, and have fun interacting with fellow foodies!
Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps lemon pepper seasoning (plus a little more to sprinkle over top)
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 to 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- kosher salt, pepper
- Trim the chicken thighs if needed and place them in a gallon size plastic bag.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, Tabasco sauce, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Massage the bag until the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees and place the chicken in the smoker, sprinkle more lemon pepper seasoning over top.
- Smoke them 1 1/2 hours and flip them over, smoke another 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the temp is above 165 degrees.