Smoked Jerk Chicken Dip is an easy, slightly spicy appetizer recipe for the smoker or Traeger pellet grill.
It’s very similar to buffalo chicken dip, but with a store bought Caribbean Jerk sauce/ marinade in place of the buffalo sauce.
For the chicken, I diced some Jamaican Jerk Grilled Chicken, but any shredded or diced cooked chicken will work.
I went on a cruise to the Caribbean a few months ago with some wonderful friends, and I invited them over for “Caribbean Day” at my house.
You know, to spoil them with yummy food, have some laughs, and tell stories of our amazing trip.
This dip was a huge hit!
How to Make Smoked Jerk Chicken Dip
You can make this in either a cast iron skillet or casserole dish, heck a foil pan would work too and make for easy clean up.
First put 3 cups of cooked, diced or shredded chicken in a greased pan or skillet.
Then a block of cream cheese, shredded cheese of choice, Caribbean Jerk sauce, and ranch dressing.
And into a smoker or Traeger pellet grill set to 250 degrees.
Then let the smoker do its thing for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
And stir the dip a few times throughout.
Next top the dip with even more cheesy goodness to melt over top.
Garnish Smoked Jerk Chicken Dip with fresh cilantro if desired 🙂
And serve this flavorful dip with Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips for dipping.
The spice level will depend on the store bought sauce that you use.
Mine had a nice spicy kick without being overwhelmingly spicy.
If you like Smoked Jerk Chicken Dip, you might also like these smoker recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Smoked Jerk Chicken Dip
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 3 cup cooked, shredded or diced chicken
- 8 to 12 ounce bottle Caribbean Jerk sauce or marinade
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 8 ounce bottle ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice
- Optional: cilantro. Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips for dipping
- Put the chicken in a foil pan or cast iron skillet (recommend to grease the pan or spray with non stick spray) with the Caribbean Jerk sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and shredded cheese (save some cheese to sprinkle over top before serving if desired). No need to stir.
- Set the smoker or pellet grill to 250 degrees. Place the pan or cast iron skillet on the smoker or grill grate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir a few times to combine (sprinkle more cheese over top during the last few minutes if desired).
- Serve with cilantro if desired and with Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips for dipping.