Who would have thought you could use crescent rolls to make a recipe for Traeger Pizza Roll Ups?!
I learned pretty quickly when I was a new Traeger owner that pretty much anything you can bake in the oven, you can make in your pellet grill.
The upside of this is added smoky flavor, of course!
This fun, kid friendly meal was a hit at our house.
You could also serve them as an appetizer or game day snack.
And if you’re feeding a crowd you can double or triple the recipe 🙂
How to Make Traeger Pizza Roll Ups
Start by separating the crescent roll triangles.
Add three slices of pepperoni and a half stick of string cheese.
Then roll them up and brush with some melted butter.
I added garlic powder and Italian seasoning to a tablespoon and a half of melted butter.
Extra flavor and it seemed a pizza-ish thing to add.
Place them on a baking sheet and head out to the patio or wherever your Traeger lives.
I lined my baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
The foil also helps prevent a smoky color from forming on the baking sheet.
Set the Traeger to 325 degrees and once preheated place the baking sheet on the grill grate.
They will take about 23 to 26 minutes total.
Just watch them closely toward the end of the cook time.
And remove them when the dough is cooked perfectly and they are nice and golden brown.
Look at how light and flaky they are! SO yummy!
Serve Traeger Pizza Roll Ups with pizza sauce for dipping 🙂
Possibilities for filling these are endless!
My mind is already racing with more creative ideas for what to make in these next time.
If you like Traeger Pizza Roll Ups, you might also like these recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Traeger Pizza Roll Ups
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 4 string cheese sticks cut in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsps melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Separate the crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Put 3 pieces of pepperoni and a string cheese half in the center of each crescent roll and fold the sides up over the top.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Brush the tops of the crescent rolls with the butter mixture.
- Preheat the Traeger/ pellet grill to 325 degrees. Put the pizza roll ups on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet on the Traeger grill grate for 23 to 26 minutes.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.