Smoked Tomato Feta Dip
I brought this Smoked Tomato Feta Dip to a fun day by the pool at my good friend’s house.
They all said it was fabulous, and I had to agree 😉
It’s a challenge to find something to bring to a party, especially in the summer.
You want it to be easy to prepare ahead, travels well, and no fussing with it once you arrive.
Served cold is best so there’s no need to warm it up.
And especially for a summer party food, light and refreshing is preferred (because this day in particular was like 98 degrees).
This tasty dip met all the criteria for being the perfect summer appetizer 🙂
How to Make Smoked Tomato Feta Dip
I have 5 medium size tomatoes, a red bell pepper, and an onion that will be smoked.
The rest of these ingredients will get blended into a gorgeous and delicious dip served with these Naan dippers.
Cut the tomatoes and half and squeeze them cut side down into a bowl to get rid of most of the juice and seeds.
Place them on a tray along with a red bell pepper that has been cut in half, seeds and stem removed.
And an onion that has been peeled and cut into 2 or 3 thick slices.
Next drizzle both sides with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
First, set your smoker or pellet grill to 225 degrees.
And place the tomatoes, pepper, and onion slices right on the grill grate.
These will smoke for 2 to 2 1/2 hours total.
Flipping them halfway through.
I had the best luck with tongs.
This is a beautiful sight right here and I really wish you could experience the aroma because it was fantastic!
Then let them cool slightly while you set out the other ingredients for the dip.
You’ll need 6 ounces crumbled feta, two tablespoons lemon juice, a few garlic cloves, crushed red pepper flakes, and a tablespoon and a half Italian seasoning.
Then put everything in a blender or food processor and blend for at least a minute or until smooth.
Taste and add kosher salt and pepper if needed.
Refrigerate for a few hours, or even make a day ahead.
Serve Smoked Tomato and Feta Dip with Naan dippers, pita chips, or crackers for dipping
If you like Smoked Tomato Feta Dip, you might also like…
Grilled Caprese Salad
Smoked Shrimp Cocktail
Smoked Ranch Chex Mix
Traeger Grill and Smoker Recipes
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked Tomato Feta Dip
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 5 medium size tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- olive oil, kosher salt, pepper
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsps Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on spice preference)
- Pita chips or toasted pita or Naan bread for dipping
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze them cut side down in a bowl to get out most of the juice and seeds. Cut the red pepper in half and remove the stem and seeds. Peel the onion and cut into 2 or 3 thick slices.
- Place the tomatoes, red pepper, and onion on a tray, drizzle both sides with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Set your smoker or pellet grill to 225 degrees. Place the tomatoes, red pepper, and onion slices on the grill grate for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove them with tongs or a spatula and place them back on the tray. Let them cool slightly.
- Put the tomatoes, red pepper, onion, feta, garlic, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender. Blend on low for at least a minute or until evenly mixed. Taste and add kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Refrigerate several hours and serve with pita chips or toasted pita or Naan bread for dipping.