I have many simple smoker recipes, and then there are the extra special ones like Smoked Cherry Coke Glazed Ribs!
Over 6 hours of love goes into these tender, fall off the bone ribs with a homemade Cherry Coke BBQ sauce.
So you know I had to invite some dear to my heart friends (more like family) to enjoy a day of good eating and lots of fun 🙂
How to Make Smoked Cherry Coke Glazed Ribs
We are starting with two full racks of pork ribs.
Pat them dry so your favorite BBQ seasoning sticks well.
I love this Honey Hog seasoning.
Generously season both sides of the ribs.
And then head to the smoker or pellet grill for what we call the 3 2 1 rib cooking method.
Set the smoker to 225 degrees on the ribs will cook on the grate for 3 hours just like this, that’s the first part of the “3” 2 1 method.
Next, wrap each rack in foil.
You may want to have some heat resistant gloves and might I suggest a rib wrapping buddy 🙂
With two people it just goes a bit more smoothly.
You may need two pieces of foil to completely wrap them, and add a little beer or water in the foil packet to steam them as they cook.
Back onto the smoker for another 2 hours… which is the next part of the 3 “2” 1 method.
I made the Cherry Coke BBQ sauce as the ribs were on the smoker.
Ketchup, Cherry Coke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, lime, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes is all you need.
Put it all in a saucepan and bring to a boil watching carefully because it tends to bubble up as it boils.
Remove from heat for a few seconds as it bubbles up, and reduce the heat so it simmers for 15 to 20 minutes.
It will be very thin at first, but it will thicken as it cooks.
Unwrap the ribs and brush the sauce over top a few times as it smoked for 1 more hour, the final phase of the 3 2 “1” ribs.
These Smoked Cherry Coke Glazed Ribs are fall of the bone tender and full of amazing flavor!
Serve with any leftover Cherry Coke BBQ sauce and enjoy 🙂
If you like Smoked Cherry Coke Glazed Ribs, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked Cherry Coke Glazed Ribs
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 2 full racks pork ribs
- BBQ seasoning or your favorite dry rub/ seasoning blend
- 4 Tbsps water or beer
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 12 oz can Cherry Coke
- 3 Tbsps brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsps lime juice
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel, and season all sides with BBQ seasoning or your seasoning blend (add kosher salt and pepper if it's a salt free rub).
- Place the ribs in a smoker or pellet grill set to 225 degrees for 3 hours.
- Wrap each rib in foil and add 2 Tbsps water or beer to each foil packet. Place the foil wrapped ribs back into the smoker for 2 more hours.Note: Heat resistant gloves and a rib wrapping buddy makes this process go a little smoother.
- Put the ketchup, Cherry Coke, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring a few times. It will thicken as it cooks.Note: Watch carefully as this comes to a boil, if it bubbles up remove from heat for a moment.
- Unwrap the ribs, place back on the smoker for 1 more hour, brushing with the Cherry Coke sauce periodically. Serve with any leftover sauce.