Smoked jerk chicken wings have a great Caribbean flavor thanks to an extremely easy to make homemade rub!
Yes yes, you could certainly use a store bought rub… but once you see how simple this one is I hope you decide to try it.
I do a lot of cooking and have a pretty large amount of spices, so I actually had all of these in my cabinet already.
It’s a mixture of three tablespoons brown sugar, a tablespoon of ground allspice, and a teaspoon each of turmeric, paprika, clove, garlic powder, cinnamon, and thyme.
Also plenty of kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flake according to your spice level.
We love spice around here so I went a little heavy on the crushed red pepper flakes for us.
How to make smoked jerk chicken wings
First combine all of the spices for the rub and stir until evenly combined.
Then pat 4 pounds of jumbo split chicken wings dry and put them in a bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and all of the dry rub mixture.
Toss the wings in a bowl until they are evenly coated.
Then preheat your smoker or Traeger/ pellet grill to 250 degrees.
And place the wings right on the grill grate.
The wings will cook on the smoker for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours total.
And use tongs to flip them halfway through.
You can imagine that smoked jerk chicken wings smell just as heavenly as they look!
Most of us enjoyed this game day snack as is, but some chose to add some store bought Caribbean jerk sauce.
A squeeze of lime over top would really bring some great fresh flavor to these already extraordinary chicken wings!
If you like smoked jerk chicken wings, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked Jerk Chicken Wings
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds jumbo split chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Optional: store bought Caribbean jerk sauce, lime wedges
- Put the brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, paprika, turmeric, cloves, garlic powder, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Pat the chicken wings dry very well with paper towels and put them in a bowl. Add the soy sauce and the Caribbean jerk seasoning, toss until the chicken wings are evenly coated.
- Set your smoker or pellet grill to 250 degrees and place the chicken wings on the grate. Cook the wings for 2 to 2 1/2 hours flipping halfway through.
- Serve as is or with your favorite store bought Caribbean jerk sauce or lime wedges if desired.