Smoked honey hot jalapeno poppers are the perfect mix of sweet and spicy!
They make a great appetizer or game day snack.
These are great served hot and also you can serve them at room temperature if you are bringing them to a party or celebration.
I cooked mine in my Traeger pellet grill but you could also cook them on the smoker or even in the oven at the same time and temp.
How to make smoked honey hot jalapeno poppers
You’ll start by setting out your ingredients which are jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese, and Mexican shredded cheese.
And of course you’ll need some Nashville hot seasoning or Buffalo seasoning to make things extra spicy.
You can set out your honey as well although we will not be using the honey until the very end.
Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and white ribs.
My hands are super sensitive to jalapenos so I do wear kitchen gloves.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to make the filling easier to blend.
Put the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and either the Nashville hot or Buffalo seasoning into a bowl.
Next, fill each jalapeno half with the spicy cheesy mixture.
Then wrap each jalapeno popper with bacon, overlapping slightly and tucking if needed.
Finally, a little extra sprinkle of the Nashville hot or Buffalo seasoning to make things even more yummy and then we are headed to the smoker!
Set your smoker or Traeger pellet grill to 250 degrees.
Then place the jalapenos right on the grill grate for about 2 hours.
During the last 15 minutes of cook time, drizzle a little honey over top to create that magical sweet and spicy combo!
Once the bacon is cooked to your liking after about two hours gently remove them and let them cool slightly before serving.
We had our smoked honey hot jalapeno poppers with even more honey drizzled over top 🙂
If you like Smoked Honey Hot Jalapeno Poppers, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked Honey Hot Jalapeno Poppers
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 6 to 8 jalapenos
- 8 oz block cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- 1 Tbsp Nashville Hot or buffalo seasoning (plus more to sprinkle over top)
- 12 to 16 slices of bacon (regular cut, not thick cut)
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds and white ribs out with a spoon.Note: If you have sensitive skin gloves are recommended.
- Put the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and Nashville or buffalo seasoning in a bowl. Stir until evenly mixed, this does take a minute or two but the room temp cream cheese helps.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each popper, overlapping slightly and tucking the bacon at the end if needed. Sprinkle more Nashville or buffalo seasoning over top.
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees. Place the poppers on the grate for 2 hours. Drizzle honey over the top during the last 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving. Drizzle more honey over top if desired.