Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pickles
Today, my friends, I have for you a simple three ingredient snack or appetizer… could I interest you in some smoked bacon wrapped pickles?
This combo may seem a little odd at first, but if you like pickles and bacon I say why not give it a whirl 🙂
Most members of my crazy (but amazing) family are either pickle junkies or bacon junkies… heck some of us are even both 😉
So it only made sense to combine the two into one amazing game day snack.
They’re super simple as long as you’re patient because they do take just a bit of time on the smoker.
How to make smoked bacon wrapped pickles
Alright, so as promised I bring you the three ingredients…
Good quality pickle spears, your favorite BBQ seasoning, and regular cut bacon.
I find that using refrigerator pickles, in my case Grillo’s, make for a better bacon wrapped pickle.
The refrigerator pickles still keep a slight crunch and do not get mushy in the smoker.
First remove 12 pickles and place them on paper towels.
Flip them over onto another set of dry paper towels to try and soak up as much pickle juice as possible.
Then wrap the slices of bacon around the pickle spears overlapping slightly.
I used 12 slices of bacon for my 12 pickle spears.
Next sprinkle your favorite BBQ seasoning on all sides of the bacon.
I used my honey hog seasoning but any BBQ seasoning will be perfect.
And if you’re not a BBQ seasoning fan you could always use Cajun seasoning or even old Bay.
Set your smoker or Traeger pellet grill to 250 degrees.
And place the pickles wrapped in bacon right on the grate.
Keep the pickles on the smoker for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours and remove them once the bacon is cooked how you like.
Now that is quite a beautiful sight when opening the smoker to see these smoked bacon wrapped pickles!
You may be tempted like we were to dig right in right away, but I pinky promise it’s worth the wait to let them cool.
The bacon will crisp slightly more the longer it cools, and the pickles need time to firm back up.
I set out some ranch dressing for dipping.
About half of us used the ranch and the other half enjoyed these just the way they are.
If you like smoked bacon wrapped pickles, you might also like…
Traeger Italian Sub Roll Ups
Smoked Cajun Deviled Eggs
Smoked Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatballs
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 12 pickle spears (I used Grillo's)
- 12 slices regular cut bacon
- BBQ seasoning (I used Honey Hog)
- Optional: ranch dressing for dipping
- Place the pickle spears on paper towels for several minutes, turn them on the paper towels and let sit for a few more minutes to absorb the extra liquid.
- Wrap each pickle spear with a slice of bacon overlapping slightly. Sprinkle all sides with your favorite barbecue seasoning.
- Place the bacon wrapped pickles on the smoker set to 250 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the bacon is cooked how you like.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.