Traeger cheesy chicken roll ups are a great appetizer recipe with a slight smoky flavor thanks to the pellet grill.
It’s a great way to use some leftover smoked chicken that has been shredded.
Or you could use a shredded rotisserie chicken from the store.
And I’m fairly certain everyone loves something cheesy stuffed inside of a crescent roll.
It’s kind of like an unspoken comfort food in my opinion 🙂
How to make Traeger Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups
To make the filling simply combine a cup of shredded chicken, a cup of shredded cheese, an 8 ounce block of cream cheese, and a packet of dry ranch seasoning.
It helps tremendously when mixing if the cream cheese is already at room temperature.
Whoops… I realized halfway through mixing that I forgot to add in my sliced green onions.
Better late than never, am I right?!
The filling does take a few minutes to come together, so just be patient.
Once the filling is ready, unwrap two tubes of Crescent roll dough.
Separate the dough into triangles and place some of the filling in the center of each.
Then roll them up and place on a baking sheet.
You will get 16 rollups total.
Brush some melted butter and Italian seasoning or dried parsley over top.
Finally, set your Traeger or pellet grill to 325 degrees.
And place the baking sheet with the roll ups on the grate.
These will take between 23 and 26 minutes, just keep checking toward the end.
It sure is a gorgeous sight to open your pellet grill and see Traeger cheesy chicken roll ups ready to be devoured!
The dough is light and flaky, the filling is cheesy and flavorful… what more could you ask for in a snack or appetizer?!
If you like Traeger Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups, you might also like these recipes…
Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Traeger Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used cheddar)
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Italian seasoning or dried parsley
- Put the cream cheese, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, dry ranch seasoning packet, and green onions in a bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Unwrap the crescent roll tubes and separate the triangle pieces of dough. Place some of the cheesy chicken ranch filling in the center of each and roll up.
- Mix the melted butter and Italian seasoning or parsley together. And brush this mixture over the roll ups, then place them on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the Traeger pellet grill to 325 degrees. Put the baking sheet with the roll ups on the grill grate for 23 to 26 minutes.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!