Traeger Cherry Turnovers are a super easy dessert or breakfast to make on your pellet grill!
But once I realized you can use it just like your oven, it was a game changer for sure.
Everything you cook, even at the higher temperatures, just tastes better with the subtle hint of wood fired flavor.
How to Make Traeger Cherry Turnovers
For the turnovers you only need three ingredients!
Cherry pie filling, crescent rolls, and cream cheese.
This is a bigger can of pie filling than you’ll need, I would get a 12 ounce can if the store has it.
And you’ll only need half of the cream cheese block.
Separate the crescent rolls and lay them flat.
Then cut a 4 ounce block of cream cheese into 8 pieces.
And place a piece of cream cheese in the center of each crescent roll.
Then spoon some cherry pie filling over top just like this.
Roll them up and place on a greased baking sheet.
I lost a cherry or two during this process, but just stuffed them back in.
Set your Traeger/ pellet grill to 325 degrees and place the baking sheet on the grill grate.
These will cook 23 to 26 minutes.
Just keep an eye on them toward the end of cook time and remove when they are cooked to your liking.
Let them cool a bit before adding the icing.
To make the icing, start with a half cup powdered sugar and some flavored coffee creamer or milk.
Add the creamer or milk a spoonful at a time and stir.
Keep adding more until you have a consistency that can be drizzled over top.
The darker spots on the tray are from the non stick spray that I used to grease the baking sheet.
Traeger Cherry Turnovers are the perfect breakfast or dessert 🙂
Serve still slightly warm, and if you have leftovers they keep in the fridge for a few days… if they last that long 😉
If you like Traeger Cherry Turnovers, you might also like these recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Traeger Cherry Turnovers
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- flavored coffee cream or milk
- Separate the crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Cut the cream cheese into 8 pieces and place a piece in the center of each crescent roll.
- Spoon some cherry pie filling in the center and roll them up and place them on a greased baking sheet. If you lose a cherry just stuff it back in.
- Preheat the Traeger/ pellet grill to 325 degrees. Put the baking sheet on the Traeger grill grate for 23 to 26 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly. Mix together the powdered sugar and a spoonful of flavored creamer or milk, mix and add more spoonfuls of the creamer or milk until it's a good consistency to drizzle, if you add too much milk just add more powdered sugar. Drizzle over top of the cherry turnovers.