Ever since making Blackstone Bacon Cranberry Brussel Sprouts, my serious love of brussel sprouts has only grown and grown 🙂
Such a delicious and healthy side dish to make on the griddle!
Well I mean there’s bacon, yes… but in my mind the healthiness of the brussel sprouts cancels out the bacon 😉
It’s got a great sweet and savory combo of flavors that will go great with any dinner.
Or enjoy it as a simple lunch like we did 🙂
How to make Blackstone Bacon Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
You’ll need a pound of brussels, bacon, an onion, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
Oh, and also some honey… maybe I was too excited for this dish and I forgot to include it in the pic 😉
You could also use feta in place of the goat cheese if preferred.
First, cut the bacon with kitchen scissors, about 6 to 8 slices.
And shave or thinly slice the brussels.
Then put the other ingredients on a tray to carry out all at once to your Blackstone Griddle or flat top grill.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Then add the pieces of bacon.
Use the hibachi spatulas to separate the bacon and flip and turn it a few times.
After the bacon cooks for 3 to 4 minutes, add a diced onion.
Also the sliced brussels, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Then use your hibachi spatulas to flip and turn them a few times for 6 to 8 minutes.
Next add 2 to 3 tablespoons honey and 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
Cook just another minute or 2 on the griddle.
Finally add goat cheese crumbles to top Blackstone Bacon Cranberry Brussel Sprouts!
Or feta cheese works too 🙂
I like to put everything back onto the same tray I used to carry the ingredients outside.
Serve either warm or at room temperature.
If you like Blackstone Bacon Cranberry Brussel Sprouts, you might also like these griddle recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Blackstone Bacon Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 6 to 8 slices bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound brussel sprouts shaved or thinly sliced
- kosher salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat for several minutes. Use kitchen scissors to cut the bacon into bite size pieces right on the griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring and flipping with hibachi spatulas a few times.Note: Use the hibachi spatulas to separate any pieces of bacon that are sticking together.
- Add the onion, brussel sprouts, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, flipping with the spatulas a few times.
- Add the dried cranberries and honey. Cook another minute or two. Serve with goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles over top. Taste for seasoning and add more kosher salt and pepper if needed.