Making this recipe for Blackstone Carne Asada Tacos was so fun and easy to make on the griddle!
Carne asada is a traditional Mexican steak taco, and full of amazing flavor.
My three year old grandson was my sidekick from start to finish, so you know it’s pretty simple.
How to make Blackstone Carne Asada Tacos
First make the marinade for the steak.
We will use the food processor to fulfill my promise of “easy”.
Put half a bunch of cilantro in a food processor along with lime and orange juice, honey, garlic, half a jalapeno, and olive oil.
And season with chili powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, kosher salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Just blend until smooth, scraping the sides down a few times.
Then cut 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of steak into small cubes, I used strip steak.
And place in a gallon size plastic bag.
Put half of the marinade in with the steak, massage the bag, and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
Just set aside the remaining marinade.
When ready to cook the steak, place it on a tray along with some corn tortillas.
And the other half of the marinade.
Use the tray to easily carry everything outside to the griddle.
And use the same tray to carry it all back inside too 🙂
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Then add cooking oil and the steak.
Get yourself an adorable little helper like my grandson.
I, of course, made sure he was far enough away from the flame and supervised.
Cook the steak 5 to 6 minutes total.
And add the marinade during the last minute.
Yum! Remove the steak, scrape the griddle, and now we will crisp up the corn tortillas.
Add a little more oil and a few corn tortillas.
Cook them a minute or so per side and now it’s taco building time!
We added some cilantro, cotija cheese, and this recipe for Sweet Pickled Red Onions!
You could also add salsa and hot sauce to your Blackstone Carne Asada Tacos!
Oh my, these were a perfect way to enjoy Taco Tuesday 🙂
If you like Blackstone Carne Asada Tacos, you might also like these griddle recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Blackstone Carne Asada Tacos
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds steak of choice (I used strip steak)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- kosher salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- cooking oil of choice
- corn tortillas, cotija cheese, sweet pickled red onions, salsa and hot sauce (optional)
- Cut the steak into very small cubes and put them in a gallon size plastic bag.
- Put half of the cilantro in a food processor and add the lime and orange juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper (if using), garlic, honey, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, kosher salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Blend for a minute, scraping the sides down a time or two.
- Put half of this marinade into the bag with the steak. Massage the bag and marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Set aside the rest of the marinade.
- Preheat the griddle to medium for several minutes. Add some cooking oil and the marinated steak. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, mixing together a few times. Add the remaining marinade during the last minute and mix together.
- Remove the steak and scrape the griddle. Add more cooking oil and some corn tortillas. Cook them a minute or so per side.
- Serve the steak in the tortillas topped with the remaining cilantro and cotija cheese crumbles. Add optional toppings such as sweet pickled red onions (recipe link in post above), salsa, and hot sauce.