Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs
These Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs are a delicious treat made with either chicken or pork and full of Asian flavors 🙂
Cooked on the Traeger, or any pellet grill, makes them even tastier with the kiss of wood fired flavor.
These could easily be a meal or served as an appetizer.
I set set out dipping sauces such as yum yum sauce, hoisin sauce, and sriracha mayo.
Might I even suggest serving with Asian noodles, kind of like a twist on spaghetti and meatballs?!
How to Make Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs
First put a pound of ground chicken or pork in a bowl.
Then add 1/2 cup panko, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1/3 cup sliced green onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and ginger paste, a tablespoon garlic paste and sesame seeds, an egg, kosher salt, and pepper.
Mix it together gently with your hands in the bowl until it’s evenly combined.
And form them into 8 large meatballs.
They will be delicate, but will firm up as they cook on the Traeger.
Sprinkle more sesame seeds over top and head out to cook these babies!
Preheat the Traeger or your pellet grill to 225 degrees, and if you have the super smoke setting turn that on.
Use your hands to gently place them right on the grill grate.
Let them cook at 225 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Then crank the heat to 400 degrees for 10 to 15 more minutes.
Check to make sure the internal temperature is above 165 degrees.
Serve Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs with yum yum sauce, hoisin sauce, or sriracha mayo for dipping!
They are so tender and still moist in the center.
I loved mine with the yum yum the best.
Or serve on a slider bun or over Asian noodles 🙂
If you like Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs, you might also like…
Blackstone Egg Roll In A Bowl
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Traeger Nashville Hot Chicken Wings
Best Traeger Grill and Smoker Recipes
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Traeger Sesame Ginger Meatballs
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (plus more to sprinkle over the meatballs)
- 1 egg
- kosher salt, pepper
- Optional: yum yum sauce, sriracha mayo, hoisin sauce for dipping
- Put the ground chicken or pork, panko, carrots, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, egg, kosher salt, and pepper in a bowl. Gently fold and combine with your hands until evenly mixed.
- Form into 8 meatballs and place on a baking sheet or tray. The meatballs will be delicate which is normal. Sprinkle more sesame seeds over top.Note: These meatballs are pretty large, if you prefer smaller meatballs form 10 to 12.
- Preheat the Traeger/ pellet grill to 225 degrees, if you have the super smoke setting, turn that on. Place the meatballs on the grill grate. I had the best luck just using my hands to carefully transfer them from the tray to the grill.
- Cook at 225 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn the Traeger up to 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve the meatballs with dipping sauces of choice such as yum yum sauce, sriracha mayo, and/or hoisin sauce.