Whole Smoked Garlic can be used is SO many delicious ways!
I made a bunch of it at the same time as Smoked Old Bay Chicken to use all of my pellet grill cooking space.
It’s so easy to make and you get such great flavor.
The garlic gets very soft, but still has that garlic taste.
You can use it in soups, or really any recipe, or make a spread to use on French or Italian bread.
How to Make Whole Smoked Garlic
Start with 8 heads of garlic, which also can be called bulbs of garlic.
Cut the top off of each garlic head, exposing the garlic cloves slightly.
Then drizzle some olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
Next set your smoker or pellet grill to 225 degrees.
And place the garlic heads cut side up on the grate.
The garlic will smoke for 2 hours total… and the aroma is phenomenal!
Let the garlic cool and then turn each head upside down over a bowl and squeeze.
The garlic cloves will come out pretty easily.
I had to work a few of the smaller ones out with a fork, but most just slid right out with no problem.
We had some of our Whole Smoked Garlic to top some French bread 🙂
I just smashed the cloves and added more olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper and used a knife to spread on the bread.
The rest of the garlic I added to a soup and froze the rest of it to use in other recipes that call for garlic.
You can put the garlic in an ice cube tray, freeze, and use the individual portions as needed.
If you like Whole Smoked Garlic, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Whole Smoked Garlic
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 8 whole heads of garlic
- olive oil, kosher salt, pepper
- Cut the top off of each garlic head, exposing some of the garlic cloves. Drizzle some olive oil over each and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Set the smoker or pellet grill to 225 degrees. Place the garlic heads, cut side up, on the smoker grate for 2 hours.
- Let them cool slightly and turn each upside down over a bowl and squeeze the garlic out, discard the peel.
- Use the smoked garlic in any recipe or smash them in the bowl, add more olive oil kosher salt and pepper and serve with French or Italian bread.Note: The garlic can be placed in an ice cube tray to freeze and use individual portions in recipes that call for garlic.