My daughter’s boss gave me an enormous yellow squash from his garden, so I made these delicious Blackstone Yellow Squash Fritters!
I have made zucchini fritters before, so I used my same recipe just using the yellow squash in place of the zucchini.
And instead of cooking them in a skillet, I cooked them all at once on the griddle thanks to the large space on my Blackstone.
These could be served as an appetizer or side dish.
How to Make Blackstone Yellow Squash Fritters
You’ll need a big yellow squash like I have, or two smaller ones.
Use a box grater to shred them so you have two cups total.
This next step is pretty important… place the shredded squash over paper towels for several minutes to get some of the water out.
Next place the squash over more paper towels, wrap the towels around, and squeeze the extra water out.
This step helps the fritter to stay together.
Once the squash has most of the water removed, gather the rest of your ingredients.
You’ll need a shallot, panko bread crumbs, flour, an egg, chives, parmesan cheese, and Old Bay seasoning.
I also added some Tabasco sauce for a little heat.
Put everything in a bowl and mix together.
I had the best luck using my hands to combine it.
Then let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Next, roll the mixture into 8 balls and place them on a plate or tray.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Then add some cooking oil of choice and place the balls on the Blackstone.
Use your hibachi spatula to slightly flatten each one.
A few of mine stuck to the spatula, so I just used the other spatula to help let it go.
The fritters don’t take long at all, maybe 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Once they are browned how you like, remove them from the griddle.
I served Blackstone Yellow Squash Fritters with a spicy mayo for dipping 🙂
The dipping sauce was just mayo, Old Bay, and Tabasco sauce and it was darn good!
If you like Blackstone Yellow Squash Fritters, you might also like these griddle recipes…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Yellow Squash Fritters
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash (about 1 large or 2 smaller squash)
- 1 shallot (or half of an onion) finely minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsps parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Optional: a few dashes Tabasco sauce
- cooking oil of choice
- Optional: sour cream or spicy mayo for dipping
- Use a box grater to shred the squash. Place the shredded squash on paper towels in a single layer for several minutes. Put the squash on more paper towels, wrap the towels around the squash, and squeeze to remove the water.
- Put the squash in a large bowl and add the minced shallot, beaten egg, bread crumbs, flour, parmesan cheese, chives, Old Bay seasoning, and Tabasco sauce if using. Mix together with your hands or a spoon until evenly combined. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Roll them into 8 balls and place them on a tray.
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium heat. Add some cooking oil and put the fritters on the griddle and press them flat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with sour cream or spicy mayo if desired.Note: I mixed together some mayo, Old Bay seasoning, and Tabasco sauce for dipping.