Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers is a flavor packed dinner recipe that gets bonus points for also being on the healthy side!
I cook with these ingredients often and already had almost everything I needed.
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are the way to go here in my opinion, however you could use chicken breasts if preferred.
And we are making a good amount using 3 pounds of chicken.
How to make Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers
If you are using wooden kabob skewers start by soaking them in water for a few hours.
Then make your marinade by combining half cup coconut milk, lots of minced garlic, a tablespoon each of vegetable oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
And some freshly chopped cilantro.
Give this a whisk until it’s evenly combined.
Cut the chicken into inch size pieces and place them in a gallon size plastic bag.
Pour the marinade into the bag, massage until the chicken is evenly coated, and marinate in the fridge for several hours.
To assemble the kabobs, thread the chicken pieces onto each skewer.
And season with kosher salt and pepper.
Depending on the size of your skewers you should get between 4 and 6 total.
Preheat your grill to medium high for several minutes.
And grill the skewers 8 to 10 minutes total, flipping a few times.
We served Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers with some fried rice that we made on the Blackstone!
It was a perfect dinner combo!
I got out some yum yum sauce to have with the rice, and turns out it was also pretty good on these chicken kabobs.
They are so flavorful they truly did not need a sauce, but a little dip here and there was kinda nice 🙂
If you like Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers, you might also like these grilling recipes…
Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 to 6 kabob skewers (if wooden soak in water for several hours)
- kosher salt, pepper
- Trim any extra fat from the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a gallon size plastic bag.
- Put the coconut milk, minced garlic, vegetable oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and fresh cilantro in a bowl. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Pour this mixture into the bag with the chicken. Massage the bag and marinate in the fridge for several hours.
- Assemble the skewers by threading the chicken onto each one, you should get between 4 and 6 kabobs. Sprinkle them with kosher salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium high for several minutes. Grill the skewers 8 to 10 minutes total, flipping a few times.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!