Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken
My sister in law from Thailand originally taught me to make this dish, but I gave Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken a whirl instead of using the wok… SOOOO yummy!
In the wok you would cook this dish in smaller batches.
But on the Blackstone it’s done pretty much all at once and a bit quicker.
I grow Thai basil in my garden, so I am trying to use it in as many recipes as possible.
It’s quite different than Italian basil and has a great, unique flavor.
How to Make Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken
You’ll need a pound of ground chicken, an onion, carrots, garlic, red chili peppers or serrano pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
And of course the Thai basil leaves.
Slice and dice everything and set on a tray to carry out to the griddle.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for several minutes.
And once hot, add some cooking oil (I used vegetable) and the shredded carrots, diced onion, and sliced peppers.
Cook the veggies for 3 to 4 minutes, flipping and turning a few times with hibachi spatulas.
Then add the chicken, garlic, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
This will cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
Use the hibachi spatulas to combine everything and to break apart the ground chicken.
While the chicken is cooking, make some fried eggs on an empty space on the griddle.
I added some oil, cracked my eggs, and cooked them just a minute per side.
Add about 20 to 30 Thai basil leaves, combine with the spatulas, and cook another minute.
I mean, this would be amazing just as is.
But we served ours over rice and with the fried egg over top.
To assemble the bowls, put a cup of cooked Jasmine rice down first.
Then pile on the yummy chicken.
Set the fried egg over the Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken and serve 🙂
We also added some sesame seeds, sriracha, and some of us used yum yum sauce as well.
I’m sure the yum yum sauce is not traditional, but is sure was good!
If you like Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken, you might also like…
Blackstone Indian Spiced Rice Bowls
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
And Blackstone Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Best Blackstone Griddle Recipes
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Thai Basil Chicken
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- vegetable oil or cooking oil of choice
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 to 3 red chili peppers (or sub 1 to 2 serrano pepper) sliced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (or mushroom soy sauce)
- 4 eggs
- 20 to 30 Thai basil leaves
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- Optional: sriracha, sesame seeds, yum yum sauce
- Put all ingredients on a tray (except the rice) and head out to the griddle. Preheat the Blackstone to medium heat for several minutes.
- Add some oil to the griddle and the onion, carrots, and sliced peppers. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, flipping and turning with hibachi spatulas.
- Add a little more oil and the ground chicken, garlic, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Use the hibachi spatulas to combine everything and break the chicken apart. Cook 5 to 6 more minutes.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, cook the eggs on an empty space on the griddle. Add some oil, crack the eggs, and cook a minute per side.
- Add the Thai basil to the chicken, cook one more minute, and remove everything and place on a clean tray or baking sheet using the hibachi spatulas.
- Serve the chicken over rice and top each rice bowl with a fried egg. Add sriracha, sesame seeds, and/or yum yum sauce if desired.