This is not your average healthy salad recipe, my friends… Grilled Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salads are far from boring!
Think of it as Mexican street corn combined with flavorful grilled chicken served on a salad.
Plus, we are making this pretty simple with the help of a Mexican Street Corn salad kit from Taylor Farms.
You could, of course, use your own salad mix and dressing… but the salad kits come with everything included 🙂
How to make Grilled Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salads
First put 2 to 3 chicken breasts in a gallon size plastic bag with olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
Also add kosher salt and pepper and massage the bag until the chicken is coated.
And marinate in the fridge for a few hours, or do this the night before so the chicken marinates overnight.
Once ready to grill, brush more olive oil on 4 ears of corn on the cob.
Then season them with more chili powder, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper.
Next preheat the grill to medium heat for a few minutes.
And grill the chicken and corn for 10 to 12 minutes total.
Just turn and flip them a few times as they grill.
As the chicken and corn cool slightly, go ahead and assemble these Mexican street corn salad kits.
For 4 servings you’ll need at least 3 bags, or use 4 if you want really big salads.
Then cut the kernels off the corn cobs and slice or dice the chicken.
One benefit of using the salad kits is the included dressing and toppings packets.
These Grilled Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salads are just as stunning as they are tasty!
Just top each bowl of salad mix with the corn kernels, grilled chicken, and cotija cheese.
And the topping and dressing packets from the salad kits.
If you like Grilled Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salads, you might also like these recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Grilled Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salads
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- kosher salt, pepper
- 4 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 3 to 4 Mexican Street Corn Salad Kits (or 6 to 8 cups salad mix and dressing of choice)
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Put the chicken in a gallon size plastic bag. Put half of the olive oil, the lime juice and garlic, and most of the chili powder, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper in the bag. Massage the bag until combined and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- Brush the remaining olive oil on the corn and season the corn with the rest of the chili powder, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium for a few minutes. Grill the chicken and corn for 10 to 12 minutes total, turning a few times. Let cool slightly.
- Dice the chicken and cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Divide the salad kits (or salad mix if using) between 4 bowls. Top each with the chicken, corn, cheese, topping and dressing packets (or dressing of choice) that came in the kits.