Grilled Taco Chicken Thighs is a healthy, simple grilling recipe perfect for meal prep, tacos or burritos, chicken sandwiches, or just serve as is.
Gotta love such a versatile recipe that can be used so many ways.
And if you don’t love thighs, you can certainly use chicken breasts instead.
How to make Grilled Taco Chicken Thighs
A simple marinade with the ingredients you see below is all ya need to get started.
First place 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a gallon size plastic bag for mess free marinating.
Then add some olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
Oh, and some kosher salt and pepper.
Massage the bag until combined and marinate in the fridge overnight.
Then preheat the grill to medium for a few minutes.
And grill the chicken 10 to 12 minutes total.
Flip them a few times throughout.
The gorgeous char from the grill brings so much flavor to Grilled Taco Chicken Thighs
You can certainly serve these on a plate with a few side dishes… or the possibilities are endless.
Chop them up and serve as tacos, in burritos, or top a yummy chicken taco salad.
My husband enjoyed his on a bun for a delicious grilled chicken sandwich.
And I meal prepped some with cooked fajita veggies for a healthy, low carb lunch option.
If you like Grilled Chicken Thighs, you might also like these recipes…
Sweet and spicy is a flavor combo that is near and dear to my heart!
If you are lucky enough to have a griddle or flat top grill, this recipe is awesome!
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Grilled Taco Chicken Thighs
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- kosher salt, pepper
- Put the chicken thighs in a gallon size plastic bag. Add the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Massage the bag until the chicken is evenly coated and marinate in the fridge overnight, or at least a few hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat for a few minutes. Grill the chicken 10 to 12 minutes total, flipping a few times.
- Serve the chicken as is or use as a topping for a chicken taco salad, on a bun for a grilled chicken sandwich, as taco or burrito filling, or meal prep with fajita veggies.