You can make this easy side dish recipe for Blackstone Mexican Street Corn while also griddling something for your main course!
That’s at least one of the many benefits of the large griddle cooking space.
The corn is griddled to perfection, then slathered with all sorts of Mexican Street Corn yumminess!
How to Make Blackstone Mexican Street Corn
You can griddle the corn first, or prepare your ingredients.
I mixed together 1/4 cup each mayo and sour cream, along with chili powder, garlic, Tajin, and cayenne pepper.
Then I crumbled some cotija cheese and chopped some fresh cilantro.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Then add some butter, and as the butter melts roll the corn around in it.
And season the corn with kosher salt and pepper.
Cook the corn on the Blackstone griddle or flattop grill for 10 to 12 minutes total, turning a few times.
If you have a melting dome, use it to speed along the cook time.
Next remove the corn from the griddle and brush the mayo mixture on all sides of the corn.
Sprinkle more chili powder, cotija cheese, and cilantro on Blackstone Mexican Street Corn!
Serve this amazing side dish with some lime wedges on the side to squeeze over top.
Fair warning… this is one messy side dish, but OH SO WORTH IT!
If you like Blackstone Mexican Street Corn, you might also like these recipes…
Another incredible side dish recipe for the griddle.
Mexican street corn ingredients on a flatbread… yes, please!
Such a fun griddle recipe that is packed full of flavor.
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Mexican Street Corn
- Blackstone Griddle
- 6 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder (plus more to sprinkle over top)
- Optional: Tajin seasoning, pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 6 lime wedges
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat. Add the butter and spread it evenly on the griddle as it melts. Place the corn over the butter, roll it in the butter, and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook the corn on the griddle for 10 to 12 minutes, turning a few times. If you have a melting dome, place that over the corn as they cook.
- Remove the corn from the griddle, as it cools mix together the mayo, sour cream, garlic, chili powder, and Tajin seasoning or a pinch of ground red pepper (if using). Stir until evenly combined.
- Brush the corn with the mayo mixture on all sides, then sprinkle with the crumbled cotija cheese, more chili powder, fresh cilantro, and serve with the lime wedges.