We had these Blackstone Cheesy Smashed Potatoes with Blackstone Reverse Seared Ribeye Steaks.
A whole steak and potatoes dinner all made on the griddle was for sure a mom win 🙂
Fairly easy, yet I for sure wowed everyone at dinner, and a meal without one single complaint is pure magic.
I used these petite red potatoes, but you could easily use the regular size red potatoes.
How to Make Blackstone Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
Start with boiling a pound of the petite red potatoes for 12 minutes.
Then drain the water from the potatoes.
If using the regular size red potatoes, boil for closer to 18 minutes.
While the potatoes were boiling, make the garlic herb butter to brush over top of them on the griddle.
Add some fresh or dried herbs of choice to 4 tablespoons melted butter.
I used fresh thyme and rosemary since I had both in my garden.
Also add a tablespoon of garlic paste.
You can find this in the produce section by the fresh herbs.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat for a few minutes.
Put the potatoes on the griddle and smash them with a burger press or heavy cup.
Season with kosher salt and pepper.
These will cook 6 to 8 minutes total, flipping them halfway through.
Brush the garlic herb butter over the potatoes during the last few minutes.
And some cheesy goodness over top to get nice and melty 🙂
Blackstone Cheesy Smashed Potatoes make for an amazing side dish with any meal 🙂
If you like Blackstone Cheesy Smashed Potatoes, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Blackstone Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 pound petite red potatoes
- 4 Tbsps melted butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- kosher salt, pepper, dried or fresh herbs of choice (I used fresh thyme and rosemary)
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fill a saucepan with water, bring to a boil, salt the water with kosher salt and add potatoes. Boil for 12 minutes (if they are regular size potatoes and not petite, boil for 18 minutes).
- Combine the melted butter with the garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and herbs of choice.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat for several minutes. Spread some vegetable on the griddle and put the potatoes on the griddle once hot and smash them with a burger press or cup. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook them 6 to 8 minutes total, flipping halfway through. Brush the garlic herb butter over all sides during the last minute or two and top with cheese. Remove and serve once the cheese is melted.