If you want to really WOW your family, make them steak with this recipe for Traeger Garlic Fingerling Potatoes!
Seriously I felt like a star in my kitchen as my family raved about this dinner 🙂
The steak I just made on my regular grill, but the potatoes I think is what made the meal over the top amazing.
I made some Whole Smoked Garlic a few weeks ago, froze it in smaller batches, and I have been using it quite often… including in these potatoes.
How to Make Traeger Garlic Fingerling Potatoes
The potatoes start out very simple.
Slice a pound of fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise and put them in a bowl.
Drizzle some olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
Then toss them so they are evenly coated.
Set the Traeger to 375 degrees.
Next place the potatoes on the grill grate for 12 to 14 minutes to start.
Flip them and cook an additional 12 to 14 minutes.
While the taters are doing their thing on the Traeger, make the smoked garlic herb butter.
I have 3 tablespoons of the Whole Smoked Garlic that I thawed from the freezer and put in a blender.
Then melt 3 tablespoons butter and add the butter to the blender.
And pulse in the blender until it’s a smooth texture.
And stir in 2 tablespoons of your favorite fresh herbs.
I had a mix of rosemary, thyme, and chives because that’s what I have growing in my garden.
Once the potatoes are done, remove them and place them in a bowl.
Finally, toss with the smoked garlic herb butter for one of the most amazing side dishes ever!
Traeger Garlic Fingerling Potatoes have a slight crisp on the outside and super soft and fluffy on the inside 🙂
But I am telling ya… the smoked garlic herb butter is what makes them outstanding.
Well, that and the smoky flavor thanks to the Traeger.
You could even make more of the butter to top the steaks, man oh man I wish I would have thought of doing that earlier 😉
If you like Traeger Garlic Fingerling Potatoes, you might also like these smoker recipes…
This is the garlic recipe used for the potatoes, make a huge batch and freeze in small portions…SOOOO good!
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Traeger Garlic Fingerling Potatoes
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes (mine were gold and purple)
- olive oil, kosher salt, pepper
- 3 Tbsps smoked or roasted garlic (recipe for smoked garlic in post above)
- 3 Tbsps butter melted
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped herbs of choice (I had thyme, rosemary, and chives)
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and put them in a bowl. Add some olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper and toss them until coated.
- Set the Traeger/ pellet grill to 375 degrees. Place the potatoes on the grate for 12 to 14 minutes. Flip them and cook another 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the potatoes finish cooking put the smoked or roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the butter and pulse a few times and then stir in the fresh herbs.
- Remove the potatoes and put them in a bowl. Add the smoked garlic herb butter. Toss until evenly coated and serve.
My new cookbook is now available, check it out HERE!