Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp has a simple marinade that’s BIG on flavor and has a yummy dipping sauce!
It brings that warm and sunny feeling thanks to the light and bright Caribbean spices.
You can make your own homemade seasoning, the same as I used with my Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings.
Or use any favorite store bought Caribbean Jerk seasoning blend.
How to make Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
You’ll start with a pound and a half of jumbo shrimp, peel and devein them if needed.
I was lucky to find these colossal shrimp at a local market!
Pat the shrimp dry and add a tablespoon of soy sauce and Caribbean jerk seasoning blend.
Also some fresh lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro.
For the dipping sauce add 1/2 cup of mayo in a bowl along with more Caribbean jerk seasoning, soy sauce, lime juice, and any hot sauce that you love.
Mix this together and set aside for when serving the shrimp.
After the shrimp have marinated for just a few minutes, put them onto some kabob skewers.
My shrimp were so big and my skewers were on the shorter side so only three fit on each of mine.
You may be able to fit more on your skewers depending on both the size of the shrimp and the skewer.
Preheat your grill to medium high for a few minutes.
Shrimp take hardly anytime at all to cook.
Maybe 2 to 3 minutes per side is all they require.
I did soak my wooden skewers in water for a few hours to prevent them from burning.
Although the cook time is so fast it may not even be needed.
Once the shrimp are nice and pink and have a few good char marks, we are almost ready for dinner!
Serve Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp with the yummy dipping sauce and some lime wedges to squeeze over top for even more freshness!
You may or may not use all of the dipping sauce, if you have some leftover it will stay good in the fridge for several days.
And if you’re feeling extra tropical, make this recipe for a Homemade Pina Colada from my friend Nicole at OrWhateverYouDo.com!
We had some of the sauce leftover and it was SOOOO good on grilled salmon that I also seasoned with the leftover jerk seasoning!
If you like Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp, you might also like…
Blackstone Caribbean Jerk Salmon Burgers
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Harissa Chicken Skewers
And Grilled Fish and Poblano Lettuce Wraps
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Grilled Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (mine were colossal size) peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean Jerk seasoning (store bought or link to homemade in post above)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayo
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- Optional: lime wedges
- Pat the shrimp dry and place in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, one tablespoon of the Caribbean jerk seasoning, half of the lime juice, and all of the cilantro. Mix together until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Put the mayo in a separate bowl and add the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and Caribbean jerk seasoning, the rest of the lime juice, and a few dashes of hot sauce. Mix until evenly combined.
- Put the shrimp onto skewers, if wooden skewers soak them in water for a few hours before.
- Preheat your grill to medium high for several minutes. Grill the shrimp skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the dipping sauce and lime wedges of desired.