Blackstone asparagus Panzanella salad is a simple vegetarian dinner, or could be a festive side dish!
It takes only a few minutes to make thanks to the large griddle cooking space.
I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette, but you could easily use a store bought balsamic vinaigrette if you prefer.
But if you are making your own simply combine 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, tablespoon each of honey and Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, kosher salt and pepper.
How to make Blackstone asparagus Panzanella salad
Start by baking a loaf of garlic bread in the oven according to the package directions.
You may choose to add the entire loaf or just half depending on how much bread you like.
Then cut a pound of asparagus into 2 inch pieces, slice Portobello mushrooms, and add those with a pound of grape tomatoes to a baking sheet.
Toss the veggies with some of the balsamic vinaigrette along with more kosher salt and pepper.
Next preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium heat.
Once hot added some cooking oil of your choice and the seasoned asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes flipping a few times with hibachi spatulas.
Let the veggies cool while you cube up the garlic bread.
Then toss everything together in a large bowl with the remaining balsamic vinaigrette.
Top Blackstone asparagus Panzanella salad with some goat cheese crumbles and enjoy!
This could be a great vegetarian dinner or serve as a side dish at your next holiday or celebration.
If you don’t think that you will eat it all at once, keep the bread and dressing on the side.
And toss together when ready to enjoy the leftovers.
If you like Blackstone asparagus Panzanella salad, you might also like these griddle recipes…
And join my Grilling and Smoking Facebook Group!
Blackstone Asparagus Panzanella Salad
- Blackstone Griddle
- Flat Top Grill/ Griddle
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt, pepper
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 pound asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 to 1 loaf garlic bread (depending on how much bread you would like in the salad)
- cooking oil of choice
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- Put the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper in a Mason jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake until the dressing is evenly combined.
- Put the tomatoes, asparagus pieces, and sliced mushrooms in a bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of the balsamic vinaigrette along with more kosher salt and pepper, toss until combined.
- Bake the garlic bread according to package directions and let it cool while cooking the veggies on the Blackstone.
- Preheat the Blackstone to medium heat for several minutes. Add some cooking oil of choice and the tomatoes, asparagus pieces, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes stirring a few times and flipping with hibachi spatulas. Remove the veggies from the Blackstone and place back into the bowl.
- Let the veggies cool slightly while you cube the garlic bread. When ready to serve add the garlic bread cubes to the bowl. Toss with more of the balsamic vinaigrette and top with the goat cheese.