The marinade for these grilled Korean chicken thighs is a tried and true recipe that I have used so many times!
The flavor from the gochujang chili paste brings a nice smoky spice, the lime brings a bright acidity, and the garlic and ginger really round out this incredible flavor profile.
You can find gochujang in the Asian section of most grocery stores or click below to order from Amazon!
How to make grilled Korean chicken thighs
First place about 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs in a gallon sized plastic bag.
Then in a separate bowl add the gochujang Korean chili paste, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, and ginger.
Stir the marinade until evenly mixed.
Mix a few spoonfuls of the marinade with some Mayo for a dipping sauce that we will use later.
And add the rest to the gallon sized plastic bag, massaging until evenly mixed and marinate for several hours or in the fridge overnight.
I like a nice char whenever grilling chicken or steak, so I preheat my grill to medium high for several minutes.
Once the grill is nice and hot use tongs to put the chicken on the grill grate.
The chicken will cook about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Use tongs to flip or a spatula in case the chicken sticks because of the sweet honey.
For me these gorgeous char marks I will call “free flavor” because they are the BEST part!
But if you are feeding picky kids or do not prefer the char, simply set your grill to medium heat rather than medium high.
Serve grilled Korean chicken thighs with the gochujang Mayo that we made earlier and a little cilantro!
I like to use an instant read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is above 165 degrees before serving.
The chicken alone has so much flavor but I really cannot pass up this delicious gochujang Mayo to go along with it.
If you like grilled Korean chicken thighs, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Grilled Korean Chicken Thighs
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang chili paste (link to buy in post above)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or minced ginger
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Optional: cilantro for garnish
- Put the gochujang, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Put the mayonnaise in a separate bowl and add a few spoonfuls of the gochujang marinade. Mix until combined and set this aside as a dipping sauce.
- Put the chicken thighs in a gallon sized plastic bag and pour the remaining gochujang marinade into the bag. Massage the bag until evenly combined and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium high and grill the chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is above 165 degrees.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve with the gochujang Mayo dipping sauce.