Smoked BLT Chicken Salad combines two of my all time favorites… BLT sandwiches and chicken salad.
This is a nice low carb/ Keto version since there is no bread involved and we are serving it over a bed of lettuce.
How to Make Smoked BLT Chicken Salad
By smoking the chicken, it gives a little extra wood fired flavor to the chicken salad 🙂
Just season a few chicken breasts with a little olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
Then set your smoker to 250 degrees and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
As the chicken cools, assemble the other ingredients.
For the diced onion part of this salad, I am cooking for a few minutes in a skillet.
I just don’t like raw onion, this step is of course optional.
Dice the smoked chicken and place in a bowl with sliced grape tomatoes, cooked bacon crumbles. diced onion, and celery.
Next up add some mayo, somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 cup depending on how you prefer.
Then some dry ranch seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper.
Mix it all together until evenly combined.
You can either serve right away, or store covered in the fridge for a few days.
Serve Smoked BLT Chicken Salad over a bed of lettuce… I mean that is the “L” part of the BLT, right?!
If you like Smoked BLT Chicken Salad, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Smoked BLT Chicken Salad
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken breasts
- olive oil, kosher salt, pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo (or non fat plain Greek yogurt)
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsps dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 to 3 celery stalks diced
- Put the chicken on a tray. Coat all sides with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees and place the chicken on the grate for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken breasts and let them cool slightly, then dice the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a large bowl and add the mayo, bacon, tomatoes, dry ranch seasoning, diced red onion, celery, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix together, serve right away, or store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.Note: I prefer cooked red onions, so I cooked mine in a skillet with olive oil for a few minutes. This is optional.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or over a bed of lettuce.