I made these Traeger cheesy meatball flatbreads with my grandson last week!
So if a 2 1/2 year old can make these… so can you.
We are using a little help from the store with some already cooked naan flatbreads and the frozen meatballs.
How to make Traeger cheesy meatball flatbreads
This recipe makes two flatbreads but you can easily double it.
First take 10 to 12 frozen meatballs and place them on the pellet grill that has been set to 225 degrees.
If your model has a super smoke setting, turn that on.
The meatballs will cook at 225 degrees for about 45 minutes.
When you remove the meatballs turn the temperature on the Traeger up to 350 degrees.
To assemble the flatbreads spread some pizza or marinara sauce over each one and then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
If you like a little spice add some crushed red pepper flakes as well.
Cut the meatballs in half and place them on the flatbread cut side down.
Then comes the cheesy goodness, we are using two types of mozzarella cheese!
First add some shredded mozzarella and then break apart some fresh mozzarella and add that to the flatbread.
My grandson and I actually made two types of flatbreads on this day, you can tell how excited he is.
He was quite an amazing kitchen helper!
Next stop is the Traeger grill set to 350 degrees, place the flatbreads right on the grill grate.
They will cook for about 14 to 16 minutes, just remove them when the cheese is nice and melted.
A little sprinkle of basil made these Traeger cheesy meatball flatbreads even prettier!
If you like Traeger cheesy meatball flatbreads, you might also like…
Follow me on:
My Amazon Author Page
Traeger Cheesy Meatball Flatbreads
- Traeger/Pellet Grill
- 10 to 12 frozen meatballs
- 1 package Stonefire Naan flatbreads (2 flatbreads come in a package)
- 3/4 to 1 cup pizza sauce (more or less depending on how saucy you like your flatbread)
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- Optional: basil for garnish
- Set the Traeger pellet grill to 225 degrees. If your model has the Super smoke feature turn that on.
- Place the frozen meatballs on the grill grate for 45 minutes. Remove them and turn the temperature up to 350 degrees.
- Top each flatbread with some pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cut the meatballs in half and place them on the flatbreads cut side down.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with the shredded mozzarella cheese . Tear the fresh mozzarella into smaller pieces put on top of the flatbreads.
- Put the flatbreads on the Traeger set to 350 degrees directly on the grill grate for 14 to 16 minutes. Garnish with basil if desired when serving.